GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default HID problems. Driver side won't work correctly

Need Help. Im no Noob when it comes to HID's but for some reason after installation of the relay harness for the daytime lights and by turning off the entry/exit lights I am STILL having trouble with my driver's side only HID. Im running 55w ballast and 8000k bulbs. the fogs and passenger light up perfectly on command, but my driver flickers and then cuts out when i turn on the lights.

any ideas, suggestions, experience, fixes PLEASE!

Make sure none of your connections are loose and since you said you have a wiring harness, make sure it is getting good contact at the battery and clean your terminals if necessary. Also, you could just have a bad ballast.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

thanks.

Doubled checked all the connections and contacts. Tried a ballast from my G35 and it worked ok. Bought a new one for the truck and same deal.

just doesn't make logical sense.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Maybe a ECU reset would work? I know it helps on the imports with mods. Been a while since I had American (had a '94 GMC).

Try the ECU reset. Also try pulling the headlight fuse, waiting a min or 2 and putting the fuse back in place.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I have a friend who got a cheap kit off ebay.. had the same problem you're having.. ended up being a bad ballast, then a couple weeks later, the bulb went bad (and it was doing the same thing).. Check your connections, and make sure you have a good ground.. if it all looks good, try swapping ballasts (move the right to the left, left to the right) and see what happens.. could be a ballast or a bulb..
    2012 Silverado 1500
    2004 Silverado 1500 (SOLD): http://tinyurl.com/JRD761sTruck
    1977 Silverado C20:
    http://tinyurl.com/JRD761-1977-C20

Are all the hid kits cheap ones from ebay? I have not found a kit out there that can trust yet. That vvma says there kits are from hella and phillips but that do not make after market kits.

No, hella and phillips (to my knowledge) do not make aftermarket hid kits, so they are probably lying. If you want a good quality aftermarket HID kit without spending a whole lot of money AND one that comes with a lifetime warranty, check out DDM tuning----->http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...hting/HID-Kits