GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default ProComps 4-6" Lift for Chevy. Will it work?

I was looking at ProComps 4-6" lift for my 2009 silverado 1500 crew crab, didn't know though if blistein shocks were better than the procomps? And I'm now looking at 20" KMC XD Monster wheels, but didn't know what tire range would work for them? I believe they're 20x9(?). Wanted A/T's, I don't do much offroading, yet.

On my '03 2500HD I have 35" tires on 20" rims with a 3" suspension and 2" body lift, only time they rub is if I have the wheels turned all the way and hit a bump at the same time. Besides then, there is plenty of clearance. Hope this gives you a little insight.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Depending on the wheels..33x12.50 = no trimming...35x12.50 = trimming. If you go with a 6". Does Procomp even make a 4"?

Sr. Apprentice

That does help quite a bit actually. And I thought I read on their site that their 6" lifts were a 4"-6", it may be a 6" total lift with the kit I was looking at. I'll have to double check on that and let ya know.

I just looked. All they make for the new trucks is a 6".

Don't get the ProComps ES3000 shockswith the kit, VERY STIFF riding.

Sr. Apprentice

I've heard that about those shocks. I've also heard that add-a-leafs are better than the rear blocks because they don't weardown as fast, is that so?

I belive that the kits uses the add-a-leaf and a block together. I don't think (may be wrong) that ProComp makes rear replacement springs. Skyjacker and BDS make good riding lift replacement springs that you could use with the ProComp kit. I have the Skyjacker Stage ll kit that has there rear springs on my '05 Z-71 since the truck was new and now has over 86,000 miles on it and the springs still ride like stock.

procomp I beleive does the 4" block with an add a leaf (at least my procomp kit did). I would definately recommend the bilstein shocks. I have had the ES9000 and had no problems but like the bilsteins even better. The procomp shocks are definately nicer to the wallet though. I like a firmer ride though too.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

The Bilsteins are great shocks. The only reason I didn't install them on my truck is I could get KILLER deals on Edelbrocks extreme shocks. I have a Edelbrock in the front stock location, duel remotes in the front and a single remote in the rear. They ride nice even after 86,000 + miles.