GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4x4 stickers gone!

Attachment 25551I've been wanting to take them off for awhile and with the balmy weather i did it today.I really like the way my truck looks without them (clean in a dirty kind of way,litterally)I purchased extra decals in case i change my mind,but i just didn't want the faded look on the paint if i waited too long too take them off.Let me know what you think?
    Last edited by Bigbomber; 03-11-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Jr. Engineer
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States

I think it looks a lot better without them. Alot cleaner look
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Craig\My Documents\Downloads[/IMG]T Tuff Country Leveling Kit 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Wheels Tow Mirrors Westin Winch Tray Pioneer Radio Blackout Bowtie Billet Grill Insert Gullwing Toolbox

Legend
    Blog Entries

Im actually a fan of the decals, since it kinda lets the world know that you actually have a Z71 instead of a work truck.. Never been a fan of removing everything i like something that retains the stock look!
    Dont get me wrong your truck still looks awsome just not something i would do to mine.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I like it, haven't gotten around to removing my Z71 decals yet, but I will soon. So, Mike, you're probably not going to like mine either, LOL.
    Adam

Everyone still knows that i have a 4x4 LT and not a Z71 or LTZ by looking at the LT emblems on my tailgate murdog and i still plan on keeping those.I just like the cleaner look on the side of my ride and like i said in my original post i really did not want the brighter paint 4x4 markings on my truck where the decals were in the 1st place years down the road.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

That's one of the first things I did when I got mine home. I don't have a Z71, but removed the 4X4 stickers.

Legend
    Blog Entries

OH to the both of you! i didnt say i didnt like it, it was more meant as not my taste lol! i can appreciate how much smoother it looks. especially with your truck being lowered adam, and for you big your truck is all white so it does make it a bit more streamlined.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I had to have the right side of my truck repainted after a dump truck dropped rocks on the highway and the bounced up and hit the side, hood and windsheld, my truck was three months old (pissed). I didn't have them put the Z-71 decal back on because I wasn't sure if I liked it off or on. The left side decal is still on, can't decide. I still have the decal in the box. This is 5 years ago. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I had to have the right side of my truck repainted after a dump truck dropped rocks on the highway and the bounced up and hit the side, hood and windsheld, my truck was three months old (pissed). I didn't have them put the Z-71 decal back on because I wasn't sure if I liked it off or on. The left side decal is still on, can't decide. I still have the decal in the box. This is 5 years ago. LOL.
    Thats funny silveradotrailblazer,maybe you should keep it how it is,this way you have the best of both worlds!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    OH to the both of you! i didnt say i didnt like it, it was more meant as not my taste lol! i can appreciate how much smoother it looks. especially with your truck being lowered adam, and for you big your truck is all white so it does make it a bit more streamlined.
    Thanks for your opinion murdog,i appreciate it!

Thats what I was thinking all along Bigbomber, best off both worlds. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast