GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Got ahold of a Kicker 300.2 and have a few questions...

My friend gave me an old Kicker 300.2 amp and I was wondering if I could just put two of my door speakers in each input on the amp and power them. I have aftermarket Kenwood speakers that are rated at 70 watts rms and wanted to power all four of them with this amp. Is it possible? I want to keep the amp at 4 ohms, I don't know if I can wire in series or something with door speakers to be at 4 ohms. Also, how do I go about connecting another power wire since I already have 0 gauge coming from my battery? Can I just use my old 4 gauge wiring and connect it on the battery, too? Then I'd have two power wires coming from my battery? I'd appreciate any input on this.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Get a Dist block and run a 8 Ga to that amp. 8Ga is all you need for it. As for the speakers If I remember right that amp is full range so yes you can do the speakers I would wire 2 per Ch but you will lose Balance or fade.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Okay, I ran 4 gauge from my fuse on my 0 gauge with a fuse in the 4 gauge to my other amp and used rca's from the output of my sub amp to my 300.2. Everything has power, so now I'm going to go hook up my door speakers. Will the way that I hooked up my 4 gauge cause any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by zachmilz View Post
    Okay, I ran 4 gauge from my fuse on my 0 gauge with a fuse in the 4 gauge to my other amp and used rca's from the output of my sub amp to my 300.2. Everything has power, so now I'm going to go hook up my door speakers. Will the way that I hooked up my 4 gauge cause any problems?

If I am picturing it right that should be ok. On my Kicker 650.4 it has a button to push when your not running them with fade and blance... not sure if that 2 channel has one...but if you dont hear anything look for that button on the amp.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

That's the picture I made of how I ran my power wires. Will that cause any damage, or is that okay?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

That should be fine BUT The fuse by the Batt should have a fuse that is = to the Amp draw of the 2 amps together.. Which means if AMP A has a 60 Amp fuse (Draw) and Amp B has a 40 amp draw then you want a 100-120 amp Fuse by the Batt. and don't forget the right fuse in the Dist box.