GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Silverado Front Leveling Kit

I have a 2003 silverado 1500 with rear air bags. The added air bags give the rear end a 2" lift and so I would like to even out the front end with a leveling Kit. I have been looking into it and I'm wondering which type I should go with (ie- torsion keys, coil/strut spacers...) I'm also due for new shocks up front. Should I take this into consideration while choosing a kit? Any help on this would be great... especially if you have done it yourself.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JROCK_Z71; 03-11-2011 at 11:13 AM.

If your truck is 2WD you need spacers, if it is 4WD you will need torsion keys. You will not need shocks to accommodate the lift, (I ran mine lifted with stock shocks for 2 years) but if the shocks haven't been replaced then they are well overdue for replacement.
    Adam

OK, it is 4WD. But I am seeing some spacers made for both 4WD and 2WD(see below). Any suggestions on what brand to buy? They look like a pretty simple part so maybe it doesn't even matter...

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...ml?id=RhWqBWXf

Those are for the NNBS trucks (2007 to 2011) unless I'm dyslexic you said yours is an '03 ? or did you mistype and mean '08 ? If indeed it is an '03 you need torsion keys.

haha... no, you're right. I was in the middle of typing my reply; no spacers for my '03. Looks like I can get the torsion keys for around $100. Any suggestions on a brand? Also, looks like I'm definitely due for front shocks. Any suggestions on that? I know there is a lot out there... but i do have a budget. Thanks for your help!
    Jordan

'03 Z71 Silverado 1500

Go with a ReadyLift kit and Bilstein shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Go with a ReadyLift kit and Bilstein shocks.
    X2 ,you WON'T be dissapointed.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Thanks for the input guys. I'm shopping around online now... will let you know what i find.

So I decided to go with the Daystar leveling kit. It costs $110 at 4wheelparts.com, plus free shipping. My budget kinda restricted me from getting the readylift kit, but after doing some research i think I found a good bang for the buck. here is the link for anyone interested...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits..._pn=DAYKG09112