GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The issue we saw with the Pacesetter shorties was how they were put/welded together. You could look down the tubes from the head flange and collecter and see where the tubes were cut into uneven pieces and piece welded together, instead of bending the tubes and the tubes being one-piece. Hope I explained it right.

Sr. Apprentice

I put pacesetter quiktrip longtubes with ceramic coating on my 04 tahoe around Christmas time and haven't really had a chance to test them. I also got several other mods at the same time so... anyways, i like them thus far and recommend the off road y pipe to install at the same time since i did my y pipe this week and it was a royal pain with the headers already bolted in. I buy all my parts from partstrain.com and with some researching for coupons, usually get a great deal. Good Luck!
    2004 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L Flexfuel w/ kenwood double din, 2 10" pioneer subs, msd wires, spectre CAI, pacesetter quiktrip headers with off road y pipe, flowmaster american thunder cat back, new heads, efans, jdm headlights and bumper lights w/ chrome bulbs, black tailights, blacked out bowtie, 305/50R20 nitto terra grapplers on american racing rims, painted calipers, and a diablosport predator DIABLEW tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    The issue we saw with the Pacesetter shorties was how they were put/welded together. You could look down the tubes from the head flange and collecter and see where the tubes were cut into uneven pieces and piece welded together, instead of bending the tubes and the tubes being one-piece. Hope I explained it right.
    Just courious if that was recently....some have mentioned that the quality issues have improved.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ferg's04 View Post
    I put pacesetter quiktrip longtubes with ceramic coating on my 04 tahoe around Christmas time and haven't really had a chance to test them. I also got several other mods at the same time so... anyways, i like them thus far and recommend the off road y pipe to install at the same time since i did my y pipe this week and it was a royal pain with the headers already bolted in. I buy all my parts from partstrain.com and with some researching for coupons, usually get a great deal. Good Luck!
    Notice any HP or gas mileage pluses?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

summit has some nice edlebrocks for 349.95, Edelbrock 65023-Shorty Headers with Ti-Tech Coating. they have a ceramic coating. i was thinking of a getting a set myself.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-65023/
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Sr. Apprentice

Notice any HP or gas mileage pluses?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a few extra mpgs but it was added around same time as efans, flowmaster catback, and diablew tune. With all the mods though, definitely feel a difference!
    2004 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L Flexfuel w/ kenwood double din, 2 10" pioneer subs, msd wires, spectre CAI, pacesetter quiktrip headers with off road y pipe, flowmaster american thunder cat back, new heads, efans, jdm headlights and bumper lights w/ chrome bulbs, black tailights, blacked out bowtie, 305/50R20 nitto terra grapplers on american racing rims, painted calipers, and a diablosport predator DIABLEW tuned!

You guys are lucky down south. Even the good headers only make it a couple years with the winters in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep1 View Post
    You guys are lucky down south. Even the good headers only make it a couple years with the winters in the Midwest.
    Ya I suspect our no snow or salt on the roads and only a few months of rain help in keeping headers in good shape longer. I am going to order a set of Pacesetter Shorties this weekend. Even if they last 3 years I wont complain for the price I guess.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12