GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Removing Paint Swirls

Now that the weather is starting to get a little warmer, I'm starting to focus on cleaning my truck. I noticed that I have some swirls in the clear coat and wonder what others have used to remove these marks. There are a ton of products available out there, but I'd like to hear what others have used that have worked.

Al I've have been Using Adams Products on Truck.....Below is their Swirl Remover,

SKU:FLXORG

Price: $12.95
    Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad

• Developed Specifically for the Flex XC3401 Polisher
    • Safe for All Single Stage and Clear Coat Paint
    • Remove Swirl & Haze to Reveal that Show Car Shine

Our latest break-through in polishing is our Adamís Flex Polishing System, the first pad and polish system in the industry developed specifically for the Flex XC3401VRG Polisher. The Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad is your second step - pair it up with our Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polish after correcting more severe damage with the Adam's Flex Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad and Adamís Severe Swirl Remover Polish. This mild Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polish helps clean up the finish after heavy corrections and prepares the paint for final polishing.
    The closed cell foam of the Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad offers moderate and safe, polishing on clear coat or single stage paint jobs. We've added a more durable backing material to help cope with more aggressive polishing, and a new beveled pad design ensures that the backing plate never comes in contact with your finish.
    Our Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad and Adamís Swirl & Haze Remover Polish are a part of the Adam's Flex Polishing System you'll need to get a flawless finish. Follow with our Adam's Flex Fine Machine Car Polishing Pad and Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish to reach paint perfection.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Al I've have been Using Adams Products on Truck.....Below is their Swirl Remover,

SKU:FLXORG

Price: $12.95
    Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad

• Developed Specifically for the Flex XC3401 Polisher
    • Safe for All Single Stage and Clear Coat Paint
    • Remove Swirl & Haze to Reveal that Show Car Shine

Our latest break-through in polishing is our Adam’s Flex Polishing System, the first pad and polish system in the industry developed specifically for the Flex XC3401VRG Polisher. The Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad is your second step - pair it up with our Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish after correcting more severe damage with the Adam's Flex Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad and Adam’s Severe Swirl Remover Polish. This mild Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish helps clean up the finish after heavy corrections and prepares the paint for final polishing.
    The closed cell foam of the Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad offers moderate and safe, polishing on clear coat or single stage paint jobs. We've added a more durable backing material to help cope with more aggressive polishing, and a new beveled pad design ensures that the backing plate never comes in contact with your finish.
    Our Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad and Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish are a part of the Adam's Flex Polishing System you'll need to get a flawless finish. Follow with our Adam's Flex Fine Machine Car Polishing Pad and Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish to reach paint perfection.
    Mike: Thanks. I'm not a big fan of the polishers, but I might make an exception for this. Do you use other Adam's products? I may purchase a kit.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    I use Turtle Wax Al. It has a little bit of coarse compound in it that seems to take out the minor scratches & imperfections. It's a lot less time consuming than going the whole rubbing compound route, & then having to re-wax it. The omni directional buffer keeps from putting the swirl marks & scratches back in.
    Thanks stephan. Is that regular TW wax?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Yep a GTG at Al's this Spring.... Looks like a 2 day event....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

2 days, I better stock the fridge.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

How close is the nearest Hooters? Do they deliver?

AL.....for a Polisher I use a Porter Cable 7424 Polisher and use the following Adam Products,

Gently massage swirl marks, oxidation, fine blemishes and hazy paint back to gleaming perfection with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish. It's your dual-action car polisher's new best friend!

Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish Price: $24.95
    Unleash your car's shine potential and take your paint to a whole new level of gloss and clarity with Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish.

Adam's Buttery Wax Price: $19.95
    Waxing your car should be a joy, not a chore. Enjoy waxing your car again with Adam's Buttery Wax. Buttery smooth application and a high gloss Carnauba car wax shine!

Not maintainance, moved to appearance and aftermarket
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Yep a GTG at Al's this Spring.... Looks like a 2 day event....
    Sound like plan, I'm up for it...
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Sound like plan, I'm up for it...
    Come on out Adam. The more the merrier.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by