GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Yep a GTG at Al's this Spring.... Looks like a 2 day event....
    Sound like plan, I'm up for it...
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Thanks Mike that helps. I'll check out Adam's kits and figure out what I need. I like cleaning the truck because it looks good when clean. I just wish I had more time for it.
    I have been Very Pleased with All of the Adams products that I've used....and I couldn't Agree with you More Al....on wanting more time to keep my Truck Clean.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Sound like plan, I'm up for it...
    Come on out Adam. The more the merrier.

No polisher=no removing swirls. Say what you want but you need no less than a random orbital and the sears 10" is not what I'm talking about. Those will actually make you clearcoat worse.

Listen to 99heartbeat. The porter cable is a great machine that WILL NOT damage your finish. Adam's is good stuff too!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTahoe04 View Post
    No polisher=no removing swirls. Say what you want but you need no less than a random orbital and the sears 10" is not what I'm talking about. Those will actually make you clearcoat worse.

Listen to 99heartbeat. The porter cable is a great machine that WILL NOT damage your finish. Adam's is good stuff too!
    Thanks, good to know. I trust Mike, even if he is a Giants fan.
    I've used a polisher before that didn't do squat. I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't PC.

Thanks, good to know. I trust Mike, even if he is a Giants fan.
    I've used a polisher before that didn't do squat. I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't PC.
    Right back at you Al(Trust) even for you being a Phillie's Fan..........The PC Porter Cable is a awesome Polisher.......and its a Variable Speed......it is right now the most used Polisher on the Market!!....

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mike: Thanks. I'm not a big fan of the polishers, but I might make an exception for this. Do you use other Adam's products? I may purchase a kit.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------
    Thanks stephan. Is that regular TW wax?
    Yes I use both the paste & the liquid. The paste takes the swirls out faster with the buffer cuz it seems to have a little more polishing compound in it, but the liquid works as well for real fine scratches.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    Yes I use both the paste & the liquid. The paste takes the swirls out faster with the buffer cuz it seems to have a little more polishing compound in it, but the liquid works as well for real fine scratches.
    Thanks stephan. I use other TW products and they work well. I guess I need to get a buffer. Does anyone make a polishing pad that attaches to my drill?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have a nice Buffer to bring....with Velcro stick on Pads 11in
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12