GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Yes or No to exhaust stacks?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cool

10 50.00%
  • Stupid

10 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Thoughts on Exhaust Stacks? Yay or Nay?

What is everyone's opinion on having smokestack exhausts on a diesel truck? Think it looks cool or is it just stupid and why? Vote in the poll and lets see what everyone thinks!

For me, I like the look of stacks and think it makes the truck look badass. The only thing I don't like is when people have a single stack in the middle of the bed, that looks dumb.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

NO...stupid and way to much dirt on your truck or what ever you tow !!!!! go with a nice 4 inch mandrel bend all the way and the bad mofo will come alieve !

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

STUPID. Only time I say yes is on a mud racer to keep water out.

I think stacks are the new truck nutz... just a fad that will go away.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Nope. There are exceptions, of course, but for everyday use, it's just more chrome to clean.

Now, I used to drive a Dodge wrecker with a 318 and oil pipe duals that ran up through the winch hole - that sucker would talk!

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

I like them. It looks cool IMO

1995 Chevy Tahoe

It really depends on the truck, it looks good one some, but looks terrible on others. The mood of the truck and the kind of stack they have. So, in the end, i do think mitre cut stacks at cab height looks good.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    It really depends on the truck, it looks good one some, but looks terrible on others. The mood of the truck and the kind of stack they have. So, in the end, i do think mitre cut stacks at cab height looks good.
    Couldn't have said it better. All depends on the overall look of the truck. I like the way they look on some of the duallys I've seen around. X2 on the single stack in the middle being lame IMO. Good topic
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

It's all opinion in the end and I think age has a lot to do with it, I'm not a fan but then I don't drive a diesel. I'm sure a lot of people thought the "jacked-up, air shock" look that everyone ran when I was high school was stupid looking, but it was the "in thing". I'm not a "cranky old man" by any means, but it's really annoying being behind a twin stack diesel pouring out black smoke and going nowhere, which seems to be the thing in my town these days. The stacks actually don't look too bad but the knuckleheads behind the wheel give them a bad rap. I remember back when side pipes and stacks used to be popular on gas trucks, Dodge even produced the "Little Red Express" with stacks on it and it was a pretty cool looking truck.

Last edited by adampaul1964; 03-16-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Adam

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    I agree, they look good on some, not so good on others. Surprising the poll is 8-7.. From reading the posts I thought it was going to be one sided.
    One thing for sure, having a single stack in the middle sounds absolutely lame.
    I've never seen one but am sure I'll die laughing if I ever do. Do any of you have a pic to post here of a truck with a single stack in the middle so we can all have a good laugh?
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by