GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help with ways to improve ride quality

I have about 6200 miles on my 2 month old Sierra 2500HD Crew Z71 Trailer and snow plow packages and 6.0 Gas. I love the height and don't want to changeit or the tire size. I have Michelin LTX AT II for tires and they run very smooth on the stock 18" Aluminum wheels.

I want to get a "softer" ride if possible. I do not currently tow, I willoccasionally have a load in back up to 2500lbs but mostly run empty.

What would make sense to try to smooth out the hard bumps and buckboard feel? I do mostly highway but do drive in cities about 30% of the time.

I am thinking airbags for the rear? Ive been reading about the firestone ride rite system for about $300. Anyone have experience with this system? are there "better" ones to look at? Not trying to make this a huge expense just want to keep my coffee from spilling while driving lol

Thanks in advance for everyone's input and advice

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Have you checked you tire pressure?? May be something as simple as over inflated tires. Look in your drivers door for inflation recommendations.