GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default long tube headers 2500HD

Hey Guys back for more advice
    I'm looking to get set of long tube headers for my truck, i have seen good things from pacesetter and I found some good prices. Amazon has a the armor coated ones for under 400!

I emailed the company about a set of long tubes, they have ones that fit the 1500 and the SS but not the 2500hd,
    this is what they had to say

Hello,
    Unfortunately we do not make a set for your application.. BUT we have received feedback that our 70-2265 headers ( for the 1500 ) fit with minor fabrication. Apparently they fit perfect on the driver side but on the passenger there is a tab on the transmission that needs to be removed. We have heard this from a few different sources but have not confirmed it ourselves.....

Has anyone done this? seen it done? i think i could handle grinding a tab off but could it involve more?

if i get these am i gonna have to buy more parts to get these new headers connected to the cat?

and finally are these a good set of headers?

I have never done a header job on a something this new and dont want to get excited and run into a project halting mistake
    Thanks guys

I bought my PaceSetter LTs from autoanything.com for under $300, I didn't go for the armor coat though. I e-mailed PaceSetter too, and they sent me a similar reply, but said something about the spark plug boots needing to be angled differently. Nothing about the transmission though. I haven't had the time to get them installed yet, with working two jobs, but I will let you know if I get them done soon. Many people will say you get what you pay for, but they come with a 3 year warranty for a decently priced LT.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Have you checked Dynatech headers or AmericanRacingHeaders for your 2500? There pricey but FIT with no issues.

Sr. Apprentice

well those are a bit much for around 1500 on their site....

Shop around for the DynaTech's and ARHeaders. They give you retail price on there websites,but you can find them cheaper.

Sr. Apprentice

Metaluzc, Did you even get those Pacesetters intstalled?
    2003 Silverado 2500HD
    Specter cold air
    Toyo AT's
    1972 Chevelle (project)

Dynatech doesn't make headers for the 2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L... only 2007 and up...

I sell them....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Sr. Apprentice

Well I ordered a set off a off header of a forum, I'm pretty sure they are pacesetters. They fit with no issue at all. I just cut the stock system off a few inches before one of the cats. Then removed the engine mount bolts so I could lift the engine up a bit to make the headers clear the engine bay and side of the engine. Once I got 2 bolts in each header (front and rear as the Felt pro Gaskets are hooked at the end to ease install) I just lowed the engine back down and installed the rest of the bolts. They fit very close to some things but didn't touch anything. I might see about getting some pictures up if anyone is interested, but all went well. I'm am going to now have to take it a a shop and have pipe the 2 systems together. It is going to take some custom work as I want the new piping to removable so I can still drop the tranny or tranny oil pan when the need arises.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I hope you have better luck with fel pro than I did, mine lasted 1,000 miles before they blew out with my headers. Thick header flanges, mixed with aluminum block doesn't get along.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap