Results 1 to 10 of 26
03-22-2011, 08:29 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
How many vehicles have you owned?
These are primary driving vehicles, the US average is 12 for a lifetime. How many have you owned?
I guess I've owned 9 now.
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
* I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.
03-22-2011, 08:47 AM #2
I have owned 7 if you count my motorcycle.
Bobby - North Carolina
2008 4x4 5.3L V8
6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
4:56 Yukon Gears
Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
N-Fab Nerf Steps
No Fear Pedals
Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
Powder coated front and rear bumpers
03-22-2011, 08:49 AM #3
I got my driver license in 2000 and below is my list. If the average is 12 I belive I will hit that before too long.
2000 S-10 LS SCSB 2.2L
2002 Blazer LS 2dr 4.3L
2001 Blazer LT 4dr 4.3L
2001 Tahoe LT 4dr 5.3L
2005 GTO 6spd 6.0L
2007 Silverado Classic Z71 LT3 CCSB 5.3L
2008 Acura TSX 4dr 2.4L
2008 Silverado Z71 LT2 CCSB 5.3L
________2013 4C Rated__________
03-22-2011, 09:07 AM #4
I'm on my 6th vehicle. Two of those shouldn't count since they were my (ex)wife's daily drivers which I didn't spend much time in. She has a knack for trashing out her vehicles.
Alston, you'd better slow down! I've got a feeling you are going to make this truck last a while.-Sal
2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
Desert Brown Metallic
Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell
Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan
03-22-2011, 09:12 AM #5
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Blog Entries
I have 5 at the moment, 6 total over my driving career.Christopher
1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...
Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage
03-22-2011, 09:18 AM #6
First licensed to drive in 1984. I've had 5 different vehicles so far.
1972 Pontiac Grand Prix (actually belonged to my dad, but I was the primary driver 'til I joined the AF in '87)
1986 Buick Skyhawk
1994 Pontiac Grand Prix
2002 Chevy Silverado
2010 Chevy SilveradoLane - Oklahoma
2010 Chevrorlet Silverado LT Ext Cab 2wd
- Volant CAI, Westin Steps, WeatherTech Vent Shades, Bug Shield, and Mud Flaps, Bullet Liner, Slimline Truck Cover
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
03-22-2011, 09:58 AM #7
03-22-2011, 09:58 AM #8
2. I technically did not own my first, so I can't say it was mine. I just got to drive it.
1993 GMC Sierra K1500. It was rusty as all hell, and the most unreliable vehical I've ever seen, but I LOVE IT. So many good times (and bad) in that truck.
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 Door (Current). It's my baby.
I'm looking at buying a beater 4cyl S-10 or Ranger with a 5 speed for every day. Keep the miles off my Tahoe, and save on gas a little bit
1995 Chevy Tahoe
03-22-2011, 10:34 AM #9
First licensed in 1969, I've had over 50 vehicles, import and domestics, but I always come back to GM. I try to keep them as long as they are reliable and the GMs average out to about 9-10 years each. I've written off more than the national average in my early days. First vehicle '63 Biscayne, I had three of them all matching, same colour and options at the same time.
03-22-2011, 10:50 AM #10
I'm 20 now so in the 3 years I've had my license, technically I've only owned 1 vehicle but I have driven 3 other cars before then.
1. 1986 Chrysler Lebaron convertible- it was my grandma's car then she gave it to my dad to use as a beater for work after she got a new car. I only learned to drive in it for about a month before it bit the dust and we donated it.
2. 2005 Volvo V70- my mom's car, which I drove on occasion cuz I didn't have a vehicle of my own yet :(
3. 2007 Volvo S60- again, mom's car which she let me drive. I wish we still had it, that car was awesome to drive. You'd be surprised how fast you can go in a turbocharged inline-5 cyl. sedan
4. 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500- My first "real" car/ truck. Found it on craigslist and saved my pennies to buy it. I plan on driving this truck until the wheels fall off.04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light
By jmanb in forum Chevy Truck Talk & GM NewsReplies: 91Last: 03-31-2013, 12:38 AM
By tbplus10 in forum General ClassifiedsReplies: 12Last: 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
By obxdave in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 4Last: 12-05-2009, 05:47 AM
By dickera in forum Performance & FuelReplies: 8Last: 07-04-2008, 03:40 AM
By dickera in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 6Last: 05-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Tags for this Thread