GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default quad headlight kit installed

i just installed the mr tailight hi/lo beam kit on my 2000 silverado 1500.i have 100 watt bulbs in both hi and lo beams .so far so good .has anybody tried this kind of set up before .should i be expecting any trouble

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Mr Tailight from Ohio? If so Steve is a great guy... Knows his stuff...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

i just thought that 400 watts ho head lights might be a bit too much for the system to handle

Sr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

I have a 2003 Suburban and wanted to do this mod as well. I researched Mr. Tailight and found several negative comments about trying to get a phone reply from this co. I also tried to contact via phone - both during regular business hours and after and was not successful so I decided to go another route. I found a simple and easy conversion method using only diodes and shrink wrap that can be purchased from Radio Shack. Total cost for a DIY conversion was in the neighborhood of $5.00 or so and I could not be more happy with the result.

I did the conversion about a year ago and have been enjoying the use of HI/LOW/FOG/DRL at all the same time. So far no negative issues. What a difference this has made at night!

Here is a link in case you are interested in trying this:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...tdrlnstall.pdf

Good luck!

Joe
    2003 Suburban
    1968 Camaro 454

thanks for the link my truck only has 8800 miles on it . so i may try your setup .i intend to have this baby a long time

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

I did this as well... And LOVE every minute of it... Plus I have a couple extra lights... LoL

A total of 16 forward facing white lights... Plus the 4 in the grill flash... LoL

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by ElbowJoe View Post
    I have a 2003 Suburban and wanted to do this mod as well. I researched Mr. Tailight and found several negative comments about trying to get a phone reply from this co. I also tried to contact via phone - both during regular business hours and after and was not successful so I decided to go another route. I found a simple and easy conversion method using only diodes and shrink wrap that can be purchased from Radio Shack. Total cost for a DIY conversion was in the neighborhood of $5.00 or so and I could not be more happy with the result.

I did the conversion about a year ago and have been enjoying the use of HI/LOW/FOG/DRL at all the same time. So far no negative issues. What a difference this has made at night!

Good luck!
    I did this today...thanks for the link...quick and easy...and now i can't wait for the night...look out! haha! i'll call these my get the hell outta my way lights!
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

Quote Originally Posted by ElbowJoe View Post

Good luck!
    Im diggin this how to! Im so gonna do it! My HIDs are gonna light **** up.
    '07 Chevy Silverado Classic

PERFORMANCE
    -K&N Intake
    -Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
    -Thrush Muffler
    -Bully Dog Triple GT Programmer
    5.3L V8
    LOOKS
    -3" Spindle Lift
    -Tint
    -Blacked Out Rims
    -Blacked Out Taillights
    SOUND
    -2 Kicker CVT 12s
    -Rockford Fosgate 6.5"
    -500 Alpine Mono Block
    -Pioneer 6.5" Touch Screen
    -2 Boss Tweeters
    SOON!
    -3.73 gears

Will this work on a 98 K1500?

dont see why not .i installed it in 10 minutes.i also liked the t tap connectors that came with it .just sent for a 30 pack assortment from ebay.they are a great little gadget to keep in my tool box

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast