GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Looking for in dash, Head Rest DVD for 2011 Silverado??

Ok, guys. I am reading some different post and getting confused. Here is what I am wanting to do. I have a 2011 Silverado LT. I have the gray cloth interior. I am wanting to install an aftermarket headrest DVD that I can control the DVD from the radio. I do not want a DVD screen in the radio itself. Can I do this? Can you buy something like this as a package? Will this be easy to install myself? Thanks.....
    West Texas, 2011 Silverado LT Z71, 2007 GMC Acadia SLT

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjrob View Post
    Ok, guys. I am reading some different post and getting confused. Here is what I am wanting to do. I have a 2011 Silverado LT. I have the gray cloth interior. I am wanting to install an aftermarket headrest DVD that I can control the DVD from the radio. I do not want a DVD screen in the radio itself. Can I do this? Can you buy something like this as a package? Will this be easy to install myself? Thanks.....
    You have two options...get headrest monitors with no DVD player and buy a dvd player you can install up front somewhere....they are not too big...about the size of a DVD drive in a desk top computer. You then could control it from a remote.

Since you arent going to be watching the video sounds like...just get the headrest monitors with a built in DVD player and be done with it. The folks in the back can control it via a remote.

Or...I guess there is a 3rd option.....buy yourself a nice headunit with DVD and the headrest monitors with no DVD and you can control the DVD from the headunit. You of course will have a screen but it wont let you view a movie while driving up front unless you "bypass" that safety option.

Is this for the kids? If it is the second option is best...it allows you to listren to the radio while they watch a movie with IR headphones.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Sounds like I want to go with the head rest unit with the dvd ion the actual head rest. Do you know a reputable company to order from that has the gray cloth interior?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I am a Vizualogic dealer..... check out http://www.vizualogic.com/
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X