GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default NEEEEEWWWWWBBBBBBB wanting to upgrade system

OK so i want to upgrade my sound system from STOCK.

basically before i run out and buy the head unit/amps/subs i want to know what all i need to keep all my OEM features (IE onstar/bluetooth/chimes/mic, etc) i have already looked at the PAC site and still seem a little intemidated on exactly knowing what to purchace.

it would be great if anyone who has done this already to their own vehicle could help.

2011 crew cab silverado lt

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSear...2011&YearId=32

thanks.

If you want to keep everything like door chimes, turn signal.hazard click noise then you will need OS-4. If you have steering wheel controls you will need the module for that as well (buy speific to make of new stereo)

Hint: On pull down, select radio replacement to get rid of all the misc. stuff.

you getting a dvd-nav or just a plain ol cd player?
    Last edited by randomsandwhich; 03-24-2011 at 04:50 PM.

I would like DVD nav .. And ye I have steering wheel controls thanks or mentioning it forgot to add it in

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well check out the Kenwood line of Nav's... Also go to www.metraonline.com for the hook ups..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Mechanic

Walmart acually sells an install kit that includes the correct wiring harness for about 80.00. Woks great for a single DIN radio install. Go and look at a couple of car stereo shops and even best Buy and look and listen, with so many brands, price ranges and personal preferences its hard to say what to buy. Do your research on brands shop around for the best price before you buy and remember you do get what you pay for.

I myself have Diamond audio D6 subs, MB Quart reference mids & highs, Pioneer head unit and Diamond and MB Quart amps. I would suggest running at least 2 amps with one of them being a 4 channel for the door speakers and a mono amp for the sub and a head unit with at least 3 sets of RCA outputs.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide on.

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)