GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Rear DVD Player

Former Member

Default Rear DVD Player

Thanks in advance for your help. Just got a 2011 Suburban LTZ. Wanted 3rd row overhead (flip down) DVD option, but the dealer didn't have one on the lot. Instead he talked me into having him install an aftermarket Audiovox DVD player (9"). It is nice to be able to play a different movie than what the front DVD is playing (from factory 3rd row is simply a slave to in-dash dvd player). However, I think the picture is crap compared to the OEM Panasonic in the second row. Can anyone tell me the following:
    - what model is the 8" OEM Panasonic?
    - where can you get one (including mounting plate and remote control - wiring is already in place), i.e. are they available from dealers or some other source?
    -need a gray one (black interior, gray headliner)

The reason I ask is the dealer's parts department has no clue how to find it and are curious why I'd want one ("don't you already have one?"). They insist that the headrest units are the only things available as accessories. But I tell them that GM puts them in as an option so how is it they don't sell them loose - what would happen if you had a warranty issue and needed one replaced. So far it's been an exercise in futility dealing with the dealership, so I figure this is the place to get real info.

thanks again, B
    Last edited by hullyes; 03-29-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: incomplete information

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It is not a Panasonic Aftermarket unit. Meaning you can't buy That model at any store and they no longer sell 12 volt aftermarket only OEM. So the dealer is the only Co you can get it from.. I am a dealer for vizualogic who makes some of the Best Head rest Tv's and some over heads. You can go to www.vizualogic.com and see if there is something you like.

Let me know...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Former Member

Thanks for your prompt input. I'll take a look.
    Last edited by hullyes; 03-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Former Member

Can anyone tell me the part number for the OEM overhead montior? Perhaps I can find a used one somewhere. Thanks.