GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow, really great job. I love free mods and I bet they look awesome at night. Well done and thanks for the pics.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Legend

Blog Entries

Pretty creative...very impressive! Glad you shared, as this seems like something many will want to do.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sr. Mechanic

Dude thats pretty cool

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think its cool that this thread somehow made its way to the front page of the site too!

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Yeah man this is sweet! You may have just saved a lot of people a ton of money! Including myself!

Jr. Apprentice

if you go to any good hobby store you can get really bright l.e.d.s and they have different colors too. nice job on the mirror i will do the same ting now that i know thanks again.

wisconsin
    sierra 1500
    flex 5.3l
    custom coldair intake
    magnaflow muffler
    leveling kit(keys and add-a-leafs)
    H.I.D 10000k head lights

Looks great and I like the cost. How did you wire the lights? Is there power coming in for the signal or did you power in the cab?

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Looks great and I like the cost. How did you wire the lights? Is there power coming in for the signal or did you power in the cab?
    Because mine is an 01, there is no existing signal wiring as that was not available until 2003. I believe that some (not sure about all) 2003+ trucks with power mirrors will have wiring to the mirrors already in place for this.

For the 99-02 trucks, you can get your power from the BCM under the dash. The power can be had from the brown plug, and the pins were B6 and B7. The light blue wire is for the left signal light. Dark blue is for the right signal. I tapped power from there, ran it to the doors, and grounded the lights to the bolts that are used to mount the mirrors to the doors.

If you have a 2003-2007 classic, I have also looked up that information for you. It is even easier on the newer trucks, as long as you have power mirrors already. If not, I'm not sure how to wire these since there is no signal at the BCM that I could see. For those that do, the driver side signal can be had from the light blue wire in pin 11 of the black plug on the bottom of your door switches (driver door module). For the passenger side mirror, get your power from the dark blue wire in pin 26 of your switches (front passenger door module).

I don't have access to wiring diagrams for 2007+ trucks, but if I'm not mistaken, I have read that the signal power is available at the door modules for the mirrors. All you would have to do to find out is pop you switches out from the top of the door panel and test wires with a multimeter to see if any of them work for turn signals. Since GM seems to like light blue on the left and dark blue on the right, I would suggest starting with those ones. If anyone test this or knows whether signal power is available on these trucks, post it up here for everyone else to know.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

dang thats cool im going to try that out, thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12