GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Out with the old and in with the new

Well, I've only posted on here 1 time.. So I figured I'd check back in with everyone...I still have the old suburban, which I have found out since, that its actually an 81 not an 82. Anyways, its been giving me hell since day one and I've decided to part with it. So I talked to a friend of mine who has a 1994 suburban 2500 454 that I'm going to pick up to replace my old tired one. Is there anything that I should know or be looking for with this newer series suburban? Any common problems with the big block?
    Anyone want a beater 81 suburban??? LOL
    Thanks,
    Matt

can you give more specs, and a location of the sub? I might be interested... ;)
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

The 81 is located in Sacramento, CA
    Not a whole lot to say about it, its old and tired....
    Lifted with bigger tires, thats about it...

Quote Originally Posted by 82Suburban View Post
    Well, I've only posted on here 1 time.. So I figured I'd check back in with everyone...I still have the old suburban, which I have found out since, that its actually an 81 not an 82. Anyways, its been giving me hell since day one and I've decided to part with it. So I talked to a friend of mine who has a 1994 suburban 2500 454 that I'm going to pick up to replace my old tired one. Is there anything that I should know or be looking for with this newer series suburban? Any common problems with the big block?
    Anyone want a beater 81 suburban??? LOL
    Thanks,
    Matt

I would say go with a 96 or newer if you can afford it. This generation of suburban is getting pretty affordable now used.

The 96 and newer have the vortec motors with more power.

The 96 and newer also have OBDII which can help diagnose troubles and are easier to reflash if you are into mods like intakes, headers, tires etc.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Honestly I wouldn't be getting another suburban if it wasn't for my friend so I will stick to the 94. Its kinda a win win situation. I can't afford a new truck, so he gives me a good deal and I get a newer SUV, and he gets it out of his driveway. This thing will stay in the condition if is in as far as mods. I have two brand new cars that are daily drivers, this is just a weekend, towing, camping, special occasion type vehicle.

Talking It's all good. The burb life.

Is that 94 burb 4wd or a mall cruiser? JK! 4wd would have it's own challenges, but lots of good info here either way. My 93 burb has been good to me. I do wish I had opted for the 2500 454.
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    02 Honda Civic LX

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Is that 94 burb 4wd or a mall cruiser? JK! 4wd would have it's own challenges, but lots of good info here either way. My 93 burb has been good to me. I do wish I had opted for the 2500 454.
    Bet you dont say that when your standing at the gas pump!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I believe the 96 vortec 350 has more power than the 94 454 as well.

Thumbs up I love to take my burb to Costco!

Originally Posted by tbplus10
    No complaints here. Mine is paid for. The guy I worry about is the 07 burb owner with $450.00 payment on top of the fuel cost. That's like dumping 150 gallons a month in the gutter. Now that is guzzling gas!
    High Desert SoCal
    02 Honda Civic LX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast