GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kraziken View Post
    I believe the 96 vortec 350 has more power than the 94 454 as well.
    More horsepower possibly, but the 454 has more tourque. The only reason to buy a B/B Suburban is to tow, thats where a stock 7.4 will always out perform a stock small block.
    I wouldnt trust the manufacturers advertised horsepower ratings though, those numbers are manipulated for advertisement and insurance standards.

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    No complaints here. Mine is paid for. The guy I worry about is the 07 burb owner with $450.00 payment on top of the fuel cost. That's like dumping 150 gallons a month in the gutter. Now that is guzzling gas!
    There doesnt seem to be a shortage of buyers though. I wish I could find where all these people have their money trees growing.

True the 454 does have more torque, but a newer 350 will have better towing than the old one without giving up the extra gas mileage costs.

Anyone know what the gas penalty is for driving the 454 versus the 350?

The new burbs do have the cylinder on demand technology, so gas mileage is probably closer to 20mpg for freeway where the old ones are closer to 10mpg.

I just read that GM is working on a Diesel, hopefully to bring 28mpg to the Burbans.

Default My 07 Burban

I am getting a soild 19mpg all the time in my burb, unless of course I am blowing the doors off a ford truck or something! Yes, it took a few leaves off the money tree, but can you put a price on total happiness and great safety? Oh, and the location of the money tree is, (Take a left at,work three jobs for 20 years and a right at, invest wisely).
    Last edited by terry0341; 07-09-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: text
    Terry
    2007 Suburban LT2
    #7 in a long line of Chevy trucks

Quote Originally Posted by terry0341 View Post
    I am getting a soild 19mpg all the time in my burb, unless of course I am blowing the doors off a ford truck or something! Yes, it took a few leaves off the money tree, but can you put a price on total happiness and great safety? Oh, and the location of the money tree is, (Take a left at,work three jobs for 20 years and a right at, invest wisely).
    That is good to know. I read a few reviews where editors were claiming 14mpg. That didn't seem so great considering the new cylinder shut off at cruise features. It sounds like they probably have lead feet.

A couple of complaints that I've read online, are that the new burb no longer can carry a drywall sheet ( I know a rare need, but I did use my truck for this purpose ).

And also that not all of the seats have latch safety hooks for car seats?

Have you owned older Burban's and if you did, how do you think the new truck compares?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12