GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Blog Entries

Default 2011 Chevy Cruze Review

Has anyone driven a new Cruze around yet? I'm curious what type is mpg it gets, what's the ride and drive like, that sort of thing.
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 01-10-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Changed to Cruze
    John ~ New Mexico ~ It's all about the bowtie!
    2007 GMC Envoy & 2010 GMC Sierra

The Cruze has been getting rave reviews for the type of car that it is.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

they are totally cool. a buddy just got one, and i rode in it, and it is a sweet little car. he got the LTZ RS in white with the brick/ebony interior, and man it is sharp. rides like a Cadillac and goes like stink, nice little 4 banger feels more than 140 horse. i love the way GM is going with the car market. our Terrain is absolutely reliable and feels like it's built in Germany or Japan, and the Cruze feels the same way. would totally recommend it.

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 **SOLD**
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost crew cab **SOLD**
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L crew cab

Son has one and loves it. he has been accused of buying it just because of the iphone app. anyway he is only getting 25mpg (US Gallon sorry we have the blasted metric system up here) in town and he only has 350 miles on it. Not so bad compared to my 2011 2500hd 6 liter around town at about 14mpg.
    He has the LT turbo. the only thing he doesn't like is the ipod controls, loves everything else. He's 6' 2" fits well in it likes the smoooooth ride. good replacement for the cobalt that GM had!

Quote Originally Posted by jake's silverado View Post
    Son has one and loves it. he has been accused of buying it just because of the iphone app. anyway he is only getting 25mpg (US Gallon sorry we have the blasted metric system up here) in town and he only has 350 miles on it. Not so bad compared to my 2011 2500hd 6 liter around town at about 14mpg.
    He has the LT turbo. the only thing he doesn't like is the ipod controls, loves everything else. He's 6' 2" fits well in it likes the smoooooth ride. good replacement for the cobalt that GM had!
    Well, all of the new vehicles are being integrated with communication apps for phones - iPhone and hopefully they never treat Android like a step-child.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

The 6 speed MT Eco Cruze has been well received on various mpg forums. It isn't an absolute favorite, but it is well received as an indicator of GM not conceding the small car market to foreign companies and foreign built cars.
    Someday GM might be able to equip it with one of GMs little Euro/Asian 4 cyl TDs, but right now it doesn't make sense since the 4 cyl Turbo gasoline version gets great HY mpg-according to the mpg folks it gets and honest 50+ mpg at 60 mph on hy trips- pretty good mpg.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA