Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: How to adjust Headlights?
03-29-2011, 04:46 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
How to adjust Headlights?
Hi to all again. Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights on an 07 GMC Savana(an Explorer Conversion van). On a recent trip, I noticed that the lights(not the entire assembly, just the bulb I believe) were angled excessively upward to the point where truck drivers were getting angry thinking that I had the Hi Beams on. The van is usually not taken out at night for that reason, and later on, using it will be necesary, so any quick help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
03-29-2011, 05:37 PM #2
The only way just the bulbs would be pointing up would be if they both came loose, not likely. Did you have a heavy load in the rear or towing making the front of the van point up? If not neither of these than they may just need to be adjusted. If its a '07 and they have never been adjusted then its time. Lights do go out of adjustment just from normal driving.
03-29-2011, 05:55 PM #3
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
Adding to the original post, the entire headlight assembly seems to be pointed upward. Ill see if I can post pics later. The van itself hasn't been driven much as it has 16k miles. I don't tow since I don't have the equipment or carry loads heavy enough to make the lights point upward enough.
03-30-2011, 08:29 AM #4
Here is some information that may be of use to you. You can find this starting on page 334 of your owner’s manual. To remove the headlamp assembly from the vehicle and access the bulbs, do the following:
1. Open the hood. See Hood Release on page 295 for more information.
2. Remove the two bolts from the headlamp assembly.
3. Remove the two pins on the top of the headlamp assembly. To remove the pins, turn the outer pin clockwise and pull it straight up. To remove the inner pin, turn it counterclockwise and pull it straight up.
4. Lift the inboard side of the headlamp to release the inboard tab from the radiator support.
5. Lift the outboard side of the headlamp to release the outboard tab from the radiator support.
6. Lower the headlamp to allow the vertical adjustor to clear the tie bar.
7. Turn the headlamp forward and upward to remove it from the grille.
8. Turn the bulb connector counterclockwise and pull it out of the housing.
9. Without removing the headlamp assembly itself, remove the bulb socket from the back of the headlamp on the driver’s side.
10. Turn the bulb counterclockwise one quarter turn to remove it from the socket.
11. On the passenger’s side, turn the bulb clockwise one turn.
12. Install the new bulb into the socket then reinstall it into the headlamp assembly.
13. Reverse the steps to reinstall the headlamp assembly.
You should be able to also adjust the bulbs from here. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.
Tricia, GM Customer Service.
By Michael Johnson in forum General Chevy & GM TechReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
By slimyguts in forum GM Powertrain TechReplies: 1Last Post: 10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
By bigburb in forum GM Powertrain TechReplies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2009, 09:55 AM
By jcerny in forum Lifted & Offroad SuspensionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-08-2009, 08:49 PM
By TrailLeadr in forum The Coffee ShopReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Tags for this Thread