GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Corsa performance muffler's any good??????

I was thinking about putting a muffler back on my truck since gas mileage sucks. I was wanting something better quality than a flowmaster which too many people have. I heave that corsa makes a good muffler and exhaust. I already got exhaust ran just want the muffler. I want something that's not too loud but not too quiet either but also help me with performance all together. I want a muffler that sounds really good but it's not too quiet to hear!!

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Corsa is a great muffler. They make the GMPerformance exhaust systems.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Corsa makes a touring and a sport muffler. The touring is more mellow than the sport, but you can still here it. It all depends on what you call loud and someone else calls loud.

yeah i have straights and they are pretty loud without allot of pop actually.. i had a 98" gmc sierra 5.7 vortech with no cat's and they were too damn loud haha. I mean i want somethin that will help my truck get the back pressure back and a bit more performance also and sound really good while at idle and when foot on the gas.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I think i might go with the 2008 silverado corsa DB black muffler i heard it and it sounds perfect not too loud and not too quiet and has a good nice tone.

I had the Corsa Sport cat back on my 6.0 GTO and it was the perfect sound. It was loud when I wanted it to be and it was not when I was on the highway. They are not cheap, but you do get your money's worth. There are a few youtube videos of NNBS with the Corsa Sport and they sound sick!

________2013 4C Rated__________

yea man i was wondering where online could i find true dual corsa muffler's but without the exhaust i just need the muffler's to put on..

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As Al will also tell you. When we were at the Keystone show we were talking to the guys from Corsa. The new DB system is what you are looking for. I think you will be very happy with it...

Check out www.corsaperformance.com
    Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 04-02-2011 at 05:45 AM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The db looks nice, and like others have said Corsa is high quality. Can't comment on sound of the db though other than what's on Youtube. I got the Borla dual exhaust mainly due to the dual which exits behind the tires. Otherwise I'd probably have gone with the db or magnaflow.

yeah does the DB muffler have dual in dual out because that's what i want is true dual's and i have heard these exhaust and the DB does sound damn good to me... I just want to buy the muffler already have exhaust on my truck..