GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default srt10 dodge ram...

so i have this guy that wants to run against my truck and hes got a single cab short bed srt10. the guy says its stock to his knowledge other than the exhaust he put on it. he also had it put on dyno and says its putting down about 500hp. now i could see 500hp at the fly wheel and maybe 450rwhp but not 500 stock with a exhaust. does anyone know what these truck put out stock?
    2000 single cab short bed 1500 w/ 6.0 vortec maxx swap from a 2006 2500, custom intake, slotted brakes, shorty headers, 8mm wires, electric fan, strait piped, 4.5 inch lift, asp pulleys, true dual through body exhaust, built trans w/ shift kit, custom tune ... 320rwhp

Yep, they have 500hp. They have the Viper engine and there a 6 spd trans. If he can get traction he will SMOKE you. I drove one of these when they first came out and they are bad. They can smoke the tires at will.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Little more info, 500hp,525lbs torque from 1,500 to 5,600 rpm's. They also have 4.10 rear gears.

bone stock- 428rwhp/467ftlbs
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Those things do book it though. My friends brother has one and his 5.7 carbureted engine wont keep up with it and he runs low 13s with his 5.7. I bet an SS would smoke it though. AWD 6.0 baby, i wish they made those in 4 door like the ford did with the raptors.
    '07 Chevy Silverado Classic

PERFORMANCE
    -K&N Intake
    -Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
    -Thrush Muffler
    -Bully Dog Triple GT Programmer
    5.3L V8
    LOOKS
    -3" Spindle Lift
    -Tint
    -Blacked Out Rims
    -Blacked Out Taillights
    SOUND
    -2 Kicker CVT 12s
    -Rockford Fosgate 6.5"
    -500 Alpine Mono Block
    -Pioneer 6.5" Touch Screen
    -2 Boss Tweeters
    SOON!
    -3.73 gears

I have also driven the first gen SRT10 Ram and it will flat out fly. The trick with them is the ability to drive a truck with a stick. The guy who has it could not launch the truck for nothing. If a awd 6.0 lined up with the SRT10 and they knew how to drive it would not even be a race. The SRT10's with the 4 door cab came in an auto trans I belive.

STB, was the one you drove the manual trans??

________2013 4C Rated__________

thanks for the info guys... i think i will still run him just for the hell of it. that way in the next 9 months when i build my 6.0 into a 408 stroker ill know how much better i can do...

ITS A VIPER MOTOR! seriously you have no chance unless he doesn't know how to drive it. Trust me I've drove one.

2009 Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4
    ReadyLift 2.25" leveling kit
    285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapps
    5%tint all around
    Plasmaglow Fire & Ice LED Bar
    6000k HID's Low and Fogs
    Black badges

ajarman, yes it was a 6 speed. It was one of our good customers and he let me drive (with him in it) and he said go ahead and get on it and I dam sure did!!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You do know we will want pics of the whole race...... Ask him to race in the snow.....LOL (only 2wd)
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by enkeiavalanche View Post
    you do know we will want pics of the whole race...... Ask him to race in the snow.....lol (only 2wd)
    haha!!!......