GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Very true Big b, i guess it all depends on what you want to do, i plan on up grading my shocks in the future as well as the cst4.5 or similar 4inch lift
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Quote Originally Posted by jbjohnson92f View Post
    Very true Big b, i guess it all depends on what you want to do, i plan on up grading my shocks in the future as well as the cst4.5 or similar 4inch lift
    I agree with you on the 4" lift jb as i would love to go higher.Isn't it funny how once you lift your truck your never satisfied with the height?
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I think the 295's would be OK, but would love to rock some 315's. After a long talk with the wife I will be ordering the shocks next week. Wife 1 Me 0 Can't wait to see how they are going to ride. I think it is going to be a pretty sweet set up with the ReadyLift level and the Bil's for ride comfort. Wonder if I can get an extra 1/2" out of the 5100's?? Might be too bad on the angles.

Like said above, once you leave stock height.....it is all down hill from there.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Thanks for the pics guys, I can't use any of the leveling kits ya'll got, my truck is 2wd, and doesn't have torsion keys, that's the whole preface of looking at coil spring spacers. Any idea what shocks I should run for a 2 inch leveling kit?

Schaub, i just bought a 2010 just like yours. you have the ready lift 2.25". do you also have blocks in the rear? if so what size? thanks

Jr. Apprentice

I have a 2009 Silverado, 1/2 ton crew cab short bed. If I install a Ready Lift Leveling Kit, do I need the 2.25" or the 1.5" leveling kit?

Blog Entries

I have a Pro Comp leveling kit and have had absolutely no problems. Here are some before and afters:

Before:

After:

Will be installing some Bilsteins in the front as soon as they show up on my door step. Already have them in the rear.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Jr. Apprentice

I have a quick question im still new to this and i want to do things right. Currently i have 2" blocks in the rear and aftermarket torsion keys that added a few inches in the front. My problem is the torsion keys like to bang around when i turn my wheel and i just dont like the ride. I would like to get rid of them and level it out a new way then add a body lift. I would like some suggestions and all this is to add some more height and fit some 35s on, im currently running 285s.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71

Quote Originally Posted by jbjohnson92f View Post
    rough country offers the same BS lifetime warranty
    Would like to the rim width please, thinking maybe a lift in the future, good lookin truck
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    I have a 2009 Silverado, 1/2 ton crew cab short bed. If I install a Ready Lift Leveling Kit, do I need the 2.25" or the 1.5" leveling kit?
    It all depends on what look your going for. I have a 2" RC level kit and 2" rear blocks (3/4" lift) and it looks something close to Ajarmans truck. A 2.25 level kit is going to be slightly higher in the front. A 2" kit (without rear lift) will be completely level front and back, BUT if you add any weight to it the rear will sag and you will be higher in the front. Which was my problem so I added the 3/4" in the rear. I wish I would have bought the 1.5" to achieve the same look and still be able to fit 285's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9-9-11.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12