GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry Mexico vs. USA/Canada built gmc

Does anybody know if the hood and front fenders are interchangable between Mexico built and US/Canada built GMC Sierra/Yukons. I have Mexico built truck. I have looked at both but have not done a side by side comparison and they look identical. Does anybody know the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by MTD515 View Post
    Does anybody know if the hood and front fenders are interchangable between Mexico built and US/Canada built GMC Sierra/Yukons. I have Mexico built truck. I have looked at both but have not done a side by side comparison and they look identical. Does anybody know the difference?
    They should be....body parts you should be ok.

Was it built there but sold here? That makes a difference... I have seen chevy trucks built and sold in Mexico that had a 2007 body but had a tranny from a 2004.

Why you ask? Well....it was a tranny lying around the plant so why not use it! Last time I was at the local dealers body shop he showed me 2008 Denali that was sold in Mexico that was here for some body work.

It had a motor and tranny from a 2006 silverado. It came off the lot NEW like that!

This guy bought a 2010 Denali here but drives it from Chiuahua mexico for all its up keep because he doesnt even trust the dealerships there!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

God bless the USA! Atleast we get the more recent parts.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    They should be....body parts you should be ok.

Was it built there but sold here? That makes a difference... I have seen chevy trucks built and sold in Mexico that had a 2007 body but had a tranny from a 2004.

Why you ask? Well....it was a tranny lying around the plant so why not use it! Last time I was at the local dealers body shop he showed me 2008 Denali that was sold in Mexico that was here for some body work.

It had a motor and tranny from a 2006 silverado. It came off the lot NEW like that!

This guy bought a 2010 Denali here but drives it from Chiuahua mexico for all its up keep because he doesnt even trust the dealerships there!
    x2, if it was made there and sold here, it's identical, they have the same parts in all plants, now QA for mexican destined vehicles...i don't even want to know lol

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside