GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob

Welcome to the site Lee, Don't leave that 'burb in my neighborhood...I need that brush guard LOL!! Nice truck mang... Kerry
    1988 GMC
    2High Sierra Suburban
    350efi/auto
    Area 51 Recovery unit

:meuh:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Welcome to the club. Great looking Suburban.

Honestly, I've never bought 285/75's so I'm not sure what the best price is, but it does sound a little bit high. Everything is negotiable. Does that include the installation service or a road warranty.
    Thanks for the compliments

They said after taxes, mounting and balancing and installation it would be around $900

I'm pretty sure I can get a set for cost up at work, and I just remembered we have a mounting and balancing machine too. So I'm gonna try and go that route for sure lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai01 View Post
    Welcome to the site Lee, Don't leave that 'burb in my neighborhood...I need that brush guard LOL!! Nice truck mang... Kerry

Haha well now if it comes up missing I know my first suspect!

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys!
    1987 Suburban 4x4 6.5L diesel

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Default Nice looking piece of equipment-serious looking.

Hey, pretty nice looking piece of equipment; it has a serious, purposeful look to it(not exactly pretty, but it has a clean,well cared for look-just like a tool that was used, but taken care of).It really encourages me that my 1998 Burb(196,000 miles 8 days of ownership) will keep going for the several years it needs to.We(3 adults,2 greyhounds,4 cats, and stuff) need it to get out of town in hurricane season.Short of $$,so I have to keep it up and runnning.
    What sort of mpg does it get? A buddy had a 1984 or so(yes,it had some problems like many ofl those early GM did) and he claimed 25mpg on the hy!! I figured he was BSing, but other folks have told me the same-the early non turbo GM diesel got spectacular mpg on the hy at 55mph?I know it was low powered-well under 150 hp I think, but 25mpg for a big beast like that is good no matter how low powered it was.
    Oh well, nice truck.
    Charlie

nice burb and welcome to the site
    Corey M (CoDaChrome™)
    the vehicles I have/had
    1989 GMC 2500 4wd (Sold)
    1989 Palomino hard-side popup
    1990 GMC 2500 pickup 2wd
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Beater) (sold)
    1997 GMC jimmy sle 4wd (Sold)
    1999 Silverado Z71 offroad
    2000 Sunline 30' travel trailer
    2003 Silverado Z71 offroad
    2006 Yamaha wolverine 450 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Hey, pretty nice looking piece of equipment; it has a serious, purposeful look to it(not exactly pretty, but it has a clean,well cared for look-just like a tool that was used, but taken care of).It really encourages me that my 1998 Burb(196,000 miles 8 days of ownership) will keep going for the several years it needs to.We(3 adults,2 greyhounds,4 cats, and stuff) need it to get out of town in hurricane season.Short of $$,so I have to keep it up and runnning.
    What sort of mpg does it get? A buddy had a 1984 or so(yes,it had some problems like many ofl those early GM did) and he claimed 25mpg on the hy!! I figured he was BSing, but other folks have told me the same-the early non turbo GM diesel got spectacular mpg on the hy at 55mph?I know it was low powered-well under 150 hp I think, but 25mpg for a big beast like that is good no matter how low powered it was.
    Oh well, nice truck.
    Charlie
    The gas mileage is one of the reasons I love this truck. I should be around 20mpg but I'm not sure cuz I don't have a trip odometer and my regular odometer is a little off. I make about a 20 mile trip to and from work everyday, not to mention all the other driving and a full tank lasts me close to 2 weeks. I'm pretty happy with it

I'm pretty pissed though because today I was in a hurry and was going through a drivethrough bank and kind of smashed up the passenger side of my suburban Pisses me off because my burban was one of the few straight bodied, nice looking ones in this town and now it's ruined because of me being in a hurry...oh well...live and learn I guess...:sarcastic:

I recently did tires on my 95 burb and that was about what i was quoted for 265 75's in the BFG's. I bought general grabber A/T 2's and im very happy with them. I payed around 119 per tire. I haven't had them long but so far i am 100% satisfied.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12