GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep1 View Post
    Cold in Cali... LOL
    Compared to WI, no:na:. but comparing norcal to socal theyre two different climates. At least in northern California there are seasons. It might get into the single digits during the winter on the eastern side of Norcal (where I grew up) which is quite warm to what yall get in the winter. Down here in southern cal (where I live now) we hit the 30's every now and then (over night). Like they say sunny and 72 every day in San Diego.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I know what you're sayin I've been out there with a semi. Just ribbin you warm guys. lol
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by OptimaJim View Post
    Hello, I noticed your conversation and wanted to offer some assistance. While there are a few manufacturers who produce most of the batteries on the market, we produce all of our own batteries in our own facility and they are the only batteries made there. We never re-brand or re-spec our batteries for any of our retail partners. I'm glad to hear so many of you have had good experiences with our batteries. However, I do want to mention that RedTops are designed and warrantied for starting applications. If you plan on using a winch, large stereo system or other significant electrical accessories, a battery designed for deep-cycle use is a better option, provided it can also meet or exceed the OEM requirements for cranking amps. If anyone has any questions about our batteries, I'll do my best to answer them.

Jim McIlvaine
    eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
    www.facebook.com/optimabatteries
    How do your battery's hold up for colder weather? I'll be adding KC Lights and such, and I'm looking at upgrading my alternator, and adding a Optima battery. My AcDelco has been great for me, and I've never had an issue.

Also, what battery would YOU recommend for my application. I need something with at LEAST 800CCA's, but can also hold up to KC Lights, HID's, and some Audio upgrades

Thanks for posting on our forum. It's really nice when Vendors have accounts and can be reached on a forum.

1995 Chevy Tahoe

ive been toying with putting in a optima, jsut not sure if its really worth the cost over a normal one, dont plan on a extreme audio set up, and maybe a set of off road lights.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I'll second what racekid said. Thanks for the extra input Jim!!!
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

i buy interstate from a local distributor that sells to most stores and shops its a little cheaper and you never get a battery more than 2 weeks old, who knows how long the ones sit at part stores.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123