GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your a brave man, but it looks pretty good
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Legend
    Blog Entries

Looks good. the rear buckets out of a tahoe/burban should pretty much bolt in (well new holes drilled that is) since the floor pan is virtually identical in them. and in reality you could put in the buckets out of the front of a Silvy. those would have the arm rest so nobody accidentally puts thier arm thru those subs... i have done a few custom upholstery jobs. Looks good to me!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks nice... For the Subs I would do a down fireing box with a port facing the front...and put some matching carpet on top..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Blog Entries

I agree with what most of the others are saying. It looks great and definitely came out much better than I thought it would. Nice job!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Hell ya that was a brave move lol. I would of never done that, i probably would of of took the seats out and put after market bucket seats in. It does look really nice though, Those subs must pound the **** out of that back seat. lol
    '07 Chevy Silverado Classic

PERFORMANCE
    -K&N Intake
    -Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
    -Thrush Muffler
    -Bully Dog Triple GT Programmer
    5.3L V8
    LOOKS
    -3" Spindle Lift
    -Tint
    -Blacked Out Rims
    -Blacked Out Taillights
    SOUND
    -2 Kicker CVT 12s
    -Rockford Fosgate 6.5"
    -500 Alpine Mono Block
    -Pioneer 6.5" Touch Screen
    -2 Boss Tweeters
    SOON!
    -3.73 gears

The tahoe second row seats actually do bolt right up, but I couldn't find any in the charcoal fabric that I had. Once I graduate from high school in a month or so I'm going to be able to work full time and get all of my seats redone in black viynl and do a custom fiberglass console from the dash all the way back.

Cool

Looks nice
    Steve
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

It looks a lot better then I thought it would. I have buckets in my crew cab. I've had them for almost two years. I will be switching to the Tahoe Buckets when I body drop my crew cab though. They recline and they have arm rests. I just used two 40 sections and modified the bracket for the other bucket. The Buckets that will bolt up are tahoes, Escalades, (denali's & Yukon's I think). Theres a guy on another forum who tried installing suburban seats in his 1500 crew cab and they didn't work, but there was a guy who installed Suburban Buckets in his 2500 Silverado and everything went smoothly. So the floor pans are different in them. I also considered using front seats out of another truck, but I saw it in person and the seats are too tall for the back since the floor raises up to stay level with the front seats. They would work and look good if you could make new brackets. You'll have to modify the brackets anyway to get them to even bolt up. When I get done doing my suspension work i'm going to build a console from the dash to the back wall with 2 AQ HDC312's in it at the back.

On a side note. I want your black steel wheels so bad. I can't find any around here.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Thanks! I have yet to see another crew cab besides this black and red candy one on here that is going to be dropped. I knew that buckets from a Tahoe or Yukon would fit, but I looked all over eBay and craigslist, but could only find leather. I like the idea of your console. I really wish I went with a 15" Fi BTL on an AQ 2200D. These two CVX 12's take up too much room and the box I have them in is a little more than half of the specs for ported. Also, on my wheels, I took sandpaper to the stock chrome 17" wheels and painted them black and put on a satin clear coat. Took less than $10.

I like the look of the buckets in the back of the crew cab. Those subs do take up a bunch of room though. I was thinking it would look like a hack job after I read the first post. Turned out nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast