Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: How can i unlock the radio?
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
How can i unlock the radio?
My girlfriend has a 2000 Chevy Tahoe and the radio is locked. She can't afford to bring it in and have it reset by the dealer so i was hoping i could help her out by finding it online .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
New chevy parts
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM #2
What do you mean, this is the OEM factory radio or she got one from someone else and wants to install it?Some people call me the space cowboy ... some people don't.
2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Just picked it up
2007 Chevy Colorado Just traded her in!
07-05-2007, 09:41 PM #3
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM #4
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
I used to drive a Saturn and it did the same thing... always had to take it to the dealer to get them to unlock it. Major pain in the @ss.
07-06-2007, 12:23 AM #5
just like someones signature says, "Technology is great, when it works" and yea your victims of theft lock. Depending on which factory radio, some need to be flashed, while some just need codes, so you may need to go to the dealer.
03-26-2010, 06:59 PM #6
a dealer can unlock it. i took out my cd player out my 06 and gave it to my dad. he put it in his 07 that had a casset player and the chevy dealer unlocked it for him.Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM #7
For the 99-2002 trucks theres a number you can call and it gives you a unlock code. Ill see if I can find it.Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM #8
Here are the instructions for unlocking a Theftlock radio.
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write
this number down. Don't take forever, fifteen seconds max before the
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write
this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from
STEP 03 and the last three digits are from STEP 05
07. Call 1-800-537-5148
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid code, try again"
09. Press 139010 then # (pound) You will be asked to enter your four
or six digit code followed by a * (star)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then 8 * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be
12. Turn the ignition ON (the radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC and your
radio is now unlocked and usable.
By chevycamarado in forum Audio, Video & Gadget TechReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
By ddoyel in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-16-2009, 10:40 AM
By Ebrahim Al Ashar in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:12 AM
By trenchwarfare in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2008, 09:49 AM
By Dr_Zero in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2006, 02:14 PM