GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    The truck looks great! How difficult was it to remove the Z71 decal and the trim strip?
    The decal comes off really easy, just heat it up with a hair dryer, and it will pull right off. The molding takes a little more work, I used some fishing line to get under one end of it. Once you can get a firm grip on it just pull and tug and it will come off. Then you'll be left with two strips of 3M double sided tape to remove. I used goo gone and picked at it with my fingers till it was gone then polished and buffed. It's easier to remove in direct sunlight, and 3m makes an eraser wheel that attaches to a drill that makes short work of it, and saves your fingers!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    this is a great looking truck. i dont prefer the lowered trucks but this one sure does look damn good.
    Thank you, I appreciate that. And thank you for your service!

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

More changes coming, I just bought some new bed rail caps to replace the ugly warped up ones. Hopefully these wont buckle up, although I'm not holding my breath.
    Adam

Got the new caps on, got the ones without stake pocket cutouts. I like the smooth look.

Adam

One word....smooth.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Blog Entries

Your truck looks great man! What is next for it?

And kinda off topic, but do you still happen to have the flares? If so, are you willing to part with them?
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Still have the flares, I've had people ask about them before. When they find out it's around $100 to ship they quickly lose interest!
    Adam

Blog Entries

No way! $100 to ship them? That's insane! Is it just because of the size of the box? Out of curiosity, what are you asking for them + shipping?
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Blog Entries

Whens that SS bumper goin on Adam?

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    Whens that SS bumper goin on Adam?
    Soon I hope! Just haven't had the extra cash to get it painted yet ($275) My daughter has a baby coming in June so we've been making sure she has everything she needs for the new arrival.
    Adam

Blog Entries

I hear ya man, it's going to change the whole front end though when you do get it on.

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

As promised, SS Bumper on finally!

Last edited by adampaul1964; 07-01-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    Adam

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast