GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

The best looking grocery getter out there but drug runner, so you have secret compartment in the bed and run back and forth from Canada with drugs for CVS? I see, so that is how CVS does it. LOL
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Just wanted to add the latest changes to this thread, New tires, not really a mod just maintenance. Although I did go from 305/50/20 to 285/50/20 and a sportier tire. Hankook Ventus ST, they have a directional tread pattern and handle awesomely, very very good in the rain, best riding tire I've had so far.

The other change was definitely a mod! Hellwig rear sway bar. Can't believe the difference this makes in the handling, makes the truck so much more surefooted. Just making a left turn onto the road and the rear end doesn't feel like it's "falling" over the crest in the road just feels so much better and being able to take on and off ramps at speed is awesome. This was such a great addition that I believe I'm going to upgrade the front bar to a bigger size.

Adam

Nice to see you back around lately! Although I haven't been as active as usual, so maybe I've been missing other posts. Anyways digging those new tires and am happy to hear how much you like em. Keep up the good.work
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Just wanted to add the latest changes to this thread, New tires, not really a mod just maintenance. Although I did go from 305/50/20 to 285/50/20 and a sportier tire. Hankook Ventus ST, they have a directional tread pattern and handle awesomely, very very good in the rain, best riding tire I've had so far.

The other change was definitely a mod! Hellwig rear sway bar. Can't believe the difference this makes in the handling, makes the truck so much more surefooted. Just making a left turn onto the road and the rear end doesn't feel like it's "falling" over the crest in the road just feels so much better and being able to take on and off ramps at speed is awesome. This was such a great addition that I believe I'm going to upgrade the front bar to a bigger size.

whore.....

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    whore.....
    You know it.....you know you love it!
    Adam

what did that sway bar run you?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sorry Alex, didn't see this until l now! Sway bar was $212 on Amazon, but shipping was expensive. I ended up getting it from Summit for $220 or so with free shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

Made another change a few weeks ago. Head pipe rusted through on my exhaust system, the muffler rusted a couple of years before. It was the Gibson dual sport system ( "aluminized", not stainless) that exited straight out the back. I called Gibson and they said to send them a pic and they would give me a warranty upgrade to a full stainless steel system, so I decided to change it up and had them send me the Super Truck system that exits in front of the rear tire. Doesn't look too bad, I think, and it is a lot louder, which I like....a lot! No drone at highway cruise, but a deep thunderous roar when you get on it, overall I'm pretty happy.

Rusted Headpipe.

New system.

Installed.

Last edited by adampaul1964; 07-17-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Adam

Liked it better leveled... Just joking Looks great and I have been in a 5.3 with that cat back and it does open up at WOT and sounds amazing.

That is great customer service on Gibson's part.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Liked it better leveled... Just joking Looks great and I have been in a 5.3 with that cat back and it does open up at WOT and sounds amazing.

That is great customer service on Gibson's part.

Yeah, I was actually surprised as I originally called to confirm the part number for the system I wanted. They were the ones who offered the upgrade, I didn't have to bitch or anything! LOL. I really do like the sound of it too, the old system sounded pretty good but this tops it by far!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    So I've been on the GMTC for over 2 years now and I was looking at how my truck has gone through some changes in that time, nothing really drastic but I just found it interesting how we are all never satisfied and are always making changes, my Wife is always asking me "what are you doing to it now?". A few pics! (You guys know I'm a pic whore!)

Pretty much how it looked when I bought it. (Apart from grille,steps handles and tonneau)

Lift keys and Flares off.

Wheels and tires added.

Lowered.

Debadged and demolded.

Grille swap.

How it sit's today.

I'm sure there'll be more added in the future as I'm sure it will never be "finished"
    Thanks for being such a great member too, by the way.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345