GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Ford truck ads on this site.

Does anyone else think it's funny that there are F*rd Truck ads running on the ad space on this site?

Not that I would ever tell anyone to ever click on such and ad (wink), but I wonder what they think they're doing by pushing ads up here? Very interesting. I'm not a F*rd bashing, but it's a little interesting to say the least.
    Last edited by TrailLeadr; 11-11-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Because you said the F word :p

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Yep, it's kind of funny. Just like when I see a GM ad over on one of the Ford forums.

I don't know what kind of algorithms Google uses to decide what ads to put up. Who knows, Google might look at my signature and decide to throw a Ford ad in in case I'm interested. Whatever that algorithm is, it isn't perfect.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Legend

Well we should all know that they try to base it on the topic at hand. So let's start discussing GMC trucks, Chevy suburbans, Pontiac LeMans (old ones), Buick Grand Nationals.

If you're wondering, I'd trying to throw the ads off, so they stop showing the F word in the banners of this thread.

awww....didn't work, but at least the f*rd ad is at the bottom now.
    Last edited by TrailLeadr; 11-11-2007 at 12:10 AM.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

I think it sees the "F" word in our siggies? I must say after a steady week of driving my new one it's all over the road (Hold wheel with 2 hands) and its absolutely hideous on fuel. The 4.6 V8 is horribly under powered too. Oh well at least they don't give us Dodge Omni's....

It just cements my decision to drive GM

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Legend

I don't really care who advertises as long as it keeps the cost down for all of us.. Well people who financially support the site...yeah yeah I know I'm gettin to it.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

hmm it's a pita though since they have an ad right in the middle of the forums so when you scroll down your thinking that there is a new posting

besides if you have contributers here like i see then there shouldnt have to be any ads only legit real sponsors . most of these are ad's are tags from google anyways ..it would be nice to see the forums bigger and not have 40% used by google tags

04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

I thought that someone brought this thread back from the dead, but it's clear that other car manufacturers have identified the few forums that they want to submit ads to (through google) and they consistantly direct-target this site. So again, I'm not telling anyone to click on any ads, but if you want to see what's on the other side of the ad then you can click it and see, but only if you're interested.