GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Blog Entries

Default Thinking of bed lining my rockers. Thoughts?

I got a quote from a local shop on bed lining the rockers and stuff of my truck, but I was looking at the Herculiner stuff. Just curious if anybody has done this themselves. I know that preparation is key so I doubt there will be any errors in it when/if I do it, I was just hoping for some tips or maybe some pictures of peoples rigs with the sides and rockers lined.

Only reason I am doing this is that the paint is starting to chip something fierce and I think it'll look cool. Thinking of doing it in gray rather than black.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

It sounds good, I just got a 98 K1500 and will be either bedlining or rubber undercoating it as I have the same problem.
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...chmentid=24133

coyotewhisperer got it done with raptorliner and I plan on doing it as well.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

It should take care of the rust and stuff on the bottom alot better than just covering it with a stainless stick on piece

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had a shop do mine after several times doing hurculiner on my trucks. The shop removed the rest and then coated everything with nice thick rubber that will hold up and ive had the truck offroad and hit the body against trees and rocks and the stuff is still holding strong. Id prefere to have a shop do it but that is just my opinion.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

i had mine done when i they put the bed liner in...mine is Line-X...i like it...good luck with yours!

sorry...i re-read it...you are thinking of doing the rockers...doh!...i did my wheel wells...i have seen others do it...it looks pretty bad a$$...again...good luck!
    Last edited by mad1500hd; 04-06-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: doh!
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22