GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Finally got lower headlights cleared

Hey guys,

Well, I finally got around to clearing and painting my lower headlights (I did the upper ones a couple weeks ago). I had an opportunity to get some pics this morning and even took a video of them in action. I was able to remove the yellow tinting off of the bulbs that were already in there so now all my signals up front flash white. With the blinkers being sequenced it reminds me of a cop car with the hazards on. I'm not sure if this is legal, but it doesn't matter to me because it looks sweet. So until I get bothered about them, the white blinkers are staying

Here are some pics and the video.
    ***The video has a sneak peak at my next (almost) free mod that I am working on***

See guys are good in the kitchen!

Here is a video:

PS. I had my truck crammed in the small side of the garage so I couldn't get the best pics. I will try to get some good ones next time I wash the truck.
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 04-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Looks great, I wonder how much the man will hassle you about clear signals. Sweet ride!!!
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

Legend

Blog Entries

Pretty cool...you should do a "how to" write up on the steps it took to remove the yellow from the housing. It'll be great information for those that want to do the same thing...which I am sure many will as they look great.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

X2 on a write up on this. I thought I liked the tinted lights, but wow the cleared is way better!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Thanks for all the great feedback. I had some help finding a how to on this before I actually went for it. I had always found how to's for the NBS headlights, but never my model. I can't say thanks enough to TELORVEHC for finding this guide for me. -------->http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74347

The only thing that I did differently was the painting of the interior black plastic trim pieces. In the upper headlights these practically falls out once you get the light open. So sanding and painting are easily done. On the lower headlights that same looking black trim piece is molded into the light. So I went and got some 3m automotive grade painting tape and went to town taping off everything but the trim piece. Another thing is don't touch or try to clean the chrome finish inside the light. It is very thin and turns black with a touch.

If anyone ever has questions about this just shoot me a pm or respond here and I'll do my best to get you an answer.

Thanks again everyone.

That's a nice looking mod, the red paint is a nice touch. I've considered this mod but I'm afraid I won't like the finished look. Maybe I'll look into it again!
    Adam

What temp did you bake then at and for how long.....

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    That's a nice looking mod, the red paint is a nice touch. I've considered this mod but I'm afraid I won't like the finished look. Maybe I'll look into it again!
    Hey thanks. The lower lights have a mirror finish under where the reflector is. That is the only thing that looks a little odd at first, but I still love em.

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    What temp did you bake then at and for how long.....
    I did them at 200 degrees for 5 minutes or until they were warm to the touch. It took a ton of rounds of warming them prying a bit until they were cool. Then back in the oven they would go. Just opening the light is the hardest part, but if you have patience then it would be fine. It took me about an hour and a half to open each light. (I still can't believe all together I spent 6 hours opening these things) Half of the time I was just hanging by the oven waiting for them to reheat.
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 04-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.

The lights came out great dude, glad I could be of assistance with the link
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States

Looks great man.

======​SOLD=====
    2006 1500 4x4 extended cab short bed
    SAS 12" suspension lift
    38x15.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ
    20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II
    FOA custom shocks
    Dana 44HD front axle
    14 Bolt SF w/ detroit locker
    yukon 5.13 gears
    Dynatech Long tube headers