GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Default Website Downtime Today!

    Hi Everyone,

    Just to keep everyone up to date.

    1) The websites crashed just around midnight last night central time.
    2) The problem occured from the webhost moving the files on the server w/o moving the database!
    3) They then blamed me, even though they created a Frankenstein network of database links and etc.

    Sorry for the downtime. It looks like everything is backed up properly and I had a backup from 5 PM last night.

    I am actively looking for a Virtual Private Server.

    Steve

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  2. #2
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep South, USA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Take a look at http://pair.com/

    They aren't the cheapest but they are the best. I'm not sure about forums sites though. When I started using them years ago they didn't allow forums but they probably do now. An e-mail to them would answer that and tell you which plan would work best for you. Their tech staff knows their stuff too. I've used a lot of web hosts and I've never seen one better.
    -

  3. #3

    Default

    We'll see. I am downloading my entire site via FTP right now. It's good to have a backup. We may be looking for a change pretty soon and I may/may not have something lined up.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It's good to have a backup.
    Thats where I come in. 80GB of raw space comin' up.
    Last edited by Cableguy; 07-06-2007 at 03:07 PM.



    Jamie

    2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Just to keep everyone up to date.

    1) The websites crashed just around midnight last night central time.
    2) The problem occured from the webhost moving the files on the server w/o moving the database!
    3) They then blamed me, even though they created a Frankenstein network of database links and etc.

    Sorry for the downtime. It looks like everything is backed up properly and I had a backup from 5 PM last night.

    I am actively looking for a Virtual Private Server.

    Steve
    So I think I'll be OK I had a support group all lined up for us. Was going to bring some blank "Victim Impact" statements with me.

  6. #6
    Sr. Engineer
    Flatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson, Texas
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I was all running around the office this morning screaming:

    "GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down! GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down! GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down!"

    2007 Colorado Regular Cab Z85 2.9L/4 cyl.
    Lowered 3/4
    18" Nissan Titan Rims

  7. #7

    Default

    Well, no promises, but there may be a surprise tonight or tomorrow morning. We'll see.

    You think YOU were freaking out. I've got people depending on me to keep this thing up and running.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    I was all running around the office this morning screaming:

    "GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down! GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down! GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down!"
    My I submit exibit "A". Flatman was truely border line cracking. I will send you a "Victim impact" statement. Did your symtoms include flapping your arms?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    there may be a surprise tonight or tomorrow morning. We'll see.
    Oh Goody! Oh Goody! I like surprises!

  10. #10

    Default

    The backup from my 6 years with my web host is taking a LONG time. It's been running for 6 hours now and it's still got hours to go. It's a full FTP download of everything I've ever put up there.

    I think I have found a soultion. We'll see how long it takes to implement.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. GMTC DOWNTIME! Time to upgrade to the newest software!
    By ChevyFan in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 11
    Last: 06-19-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. GM to Add Shift at Plant, Extend Downtime at Others - Bloomberg
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 06-20-2009, 01:40 AM
  3. Website down today?
    By ChevyFan in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last: 09-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •