GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Geet View Post

As musch as I hate to say It I am considering dumping this vehicle already and replacing it with a Toyota Sequoia. It is at the dealer right now and I am giving it one last chance.
    do it. get rid of pos and buy decent car instead. toyota or nissan. craigslist will get you some good deals. unless you are jingo patriotic and don't buy imports out of principle. sorry then. i had blissful years of not having a single domestic in the stable, and now, having 2000 silverado, best possible upgrades and all that for the year - what a junk is it! i'll just sit tight till
    2009, when honda will release v6 diesel for ridgeline, and buy that.

Default Yes-Gas

Yes this is a gas motor. GM in their brilliance does not offer the diesel in their Suburbans. This new Suburban is O.K. other than when it gets hot out and the electronics retard the motor. It literally will almost not pull off the line when it gets a little hot.
    (I had just mentioned that my old Suburban with the 8.1 liter motor would arguably out tow my diesel pickup).
    07' 3/4 ton in Phoenix

Default Going Backward with the Sequoia

I think you'll be disappointed going from a Suburban to a Sequoia. We had a Sequoia for 5 years -- great car as far as dependability goes, but that 4.7L V8 is rated to pull just 6,500 pounds (and I think that's a generous.) We traded it for an Avalanche 6.0L with 4.10, probably the same powertrain as your Suburban, 4L70E transmission, etc. I know what you mean when you say that this engine doesn't have the responsiveness that you'd hope for in a 6.OL. But once it gets going, it DOES have a lot more torque than the Sequoia 4.7L -- there is no question about that. Our Avalanche pulls our 6,000 lb trailer far, far better than the Sequoia ever could; it is like night and day. I hope you can work through the issues with the Suburban - I really think you're better off.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12