GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What headphones do you use??

So I sit at a desk from 7:30 - 4:30 M-F and listen to music all the day long. I am on my second pair of Kicker EB141's and love the sound, but they just stop working once they get about 8 months old. I dont mind spending around $40 for a pair of ear buds, but not getting Kicker's again. Any recommendations???

________2013 4C Rated__________

Do they have to be ear buds? If so I really liked the Bose ones I had. but I wore them so much at work that they would snap the wires right at the plug-in. after 4 pairs (all warrantied) I gave up. I have some Skullcandy ones now that seem to be a bit more rugged and still sound pretty damn good.

Bose $100
    http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...ones/index.jsp

Skullcandy $70
    http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fmj-black.html

If they dont have to be earbuds, I vote Bose. I know they're expensive but OMG they sound amazing.
    Last edited by Schaub; 04-08-2011 at 12:40 PM.

2009 Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4
    ReadyLift 2.25" leveling kit
    285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapps
    5%tint all around
    Plasmaglow Fire & Ice LED Bar
    6000k HID's Low and Fogs
    Black badges

Schaub, I have tryed out the Bose in the past and holy hell do they sound good. $100 is a lot to sollow, but I know they are worth the money. So you are happy with the Skullcandy? I am using the apple headphones right now until I pick a new pair out and the sound sucks and they are not comfortable at all and the cord is way too short.

Don't use Skullcandy...they're waaaayy overpriced and aren't that great sound-wise. I use the Klipsch S4 headphones and although they are a little pricey at $80 (you can find them for less on ebay) and for the price, they sound great. There's also the Klipsch S2 headphones, less expensive at $50 but still good sound.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I have the klipsch in ear headphones, i really like them.

Thanks guys. I will check out Klipsch on eBay and amazon.

I use the Bose AE2 over-the-ear headphones. They aren't noise canceling(but still muffle outside noise) so no need to replace batteries, great sound quality expected from Bose, and EXTREMELY comfortable.

I love my pair and highly recommend them!
    ANDREW
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
    -Dual exhaust
    -K&N Cold Air Intake
    -8000K HID Headlights

try checking out SHURE, i have the kickers eb141 as well, sound great but uncomfortable as hell, i have to wear them backwards for them not to bother me
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well I have not worn Headphones in over 5 years But when I did I had 2 pairs of Sony MDR-V600's the same as most tv (Camera,director's) people Use.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X