GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Glad you got it taken care of. How about just burning the fuel?? LOL. Thats what we would do here in Alabama. LOL.
    I'm in Norfolk, VA and afraid I would be arrested if I tried to dispose of it other than by lawful means. I don't have much success when I try doing things the easy way!! LOL

You know you a RedNeck when.......

Ask a quik oil change place they dispose of oil all the time.If they won't take it ask them who picks up their waste oil.
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep1 View Post
    Ask a quik oil change place they dispose of oil all the time.If they won't take it ask them who picks up their waste oil.
    Most of them wont take gas.. And sadly im not in your area id take it and run it in the tractor.
    Did you ever find a place to take the gas?? kinda wondering since when you have stuff like that and you want to get rid of it, its nice to know where to go.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep1 View Post
    Do it ASAP as if you put gas with ethanol in it will react with the diesel. It tends to turn to a bit like jello. A small amount won't hurt, but 20 gal in a tank that size will cause problems.
    When I worked at Honda, we had a couple cars that came in and the owner filled their tanks up with Diesel.. but they ended up driving it for a while and the motor would eventually quit running and they would realize what they did and tow it in.. We usually had to replace the fuel pump and injectors because they would be gummed up with this "jello" like substance.. and the stuff in the tank was pretty difficult to get out.
    But, there were others where there were only a couple gallons of diesel in it and we just had to drain the tank.. I think in your case since there's more gas than diesel (depending on how empty the tank was.. I'm sure it only had a couple gallons of diesel in it to begin with?) that you'd just have to drain the tank and put some diesel in it..
    2012 Silverado 1500
    2004 Silverado 1500 (SOLD): http://tinyurl.com/JRD761sTruck
    1977 Silverado C20:
    http://tinyurl.com/JRD761-1977-C20

Maybe just put an add on Craigslist explaining your situation; someone will come take the contaminated gas and run it in and old tractor or something.

burn it in your lawn mower, cut all your neighbor's yards,,, like in that commercial with the snow blower,,,

Sr. Apprentice

The dump in our county takes what they call hazards waste (gas, paint, oil etc) on two days of the week. I live in Idaho so maybe we are just northwestern rednecks but I would give your solid waste disposal facility (fancy name for dump) a call to see.
    1991 Chevy Suburban, 190K, 1500 1/2 ton, 5.7L, 3:42 gears, 4X4, stock tire size, stock suspension set up.

Use it to light your barbecue pit. It will impart an interesting mesquite flavor to the food. ;)

I'd sell it on craigslist with the containers.. get your money back. Some farmer will buy it esp. with the current gas prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12