GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: More paint!

Blog Entries

Default More paint!

Well, the weather was nice on Friday, and I had nothing better to do than to work on my rigs. So, I painted my grille again, and that's it for now. Still kinda have mixed feelings of it, but it is growing on me every time I walk past it to the house.

Let me know what you think! My next project is to herculine from the body line down (where the stainless steel trim is on the side) and line my rear bumper and headache rack. Gray in color, BTW. Also thinking of repainting my mirrors black to kinda match my door handles, bumper cap/valance, and window visors.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I like it, although the SS grille mesh looks better in my opinion.
    Adam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I like it, although the SS grille mesh looks better in my opinion.
    I agree, but I would hate to buy an SS grille only to ruin it by painting it white (unless they did make a white SS? I thought they were only offered in blue, red and black, but ).
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Have you thought about painting the chrome part of the grill that the bowtie is attached to WHITE?? Just a thought. Maybe get some white tape or vynil and put on to see if you like it, if you don't just peel it off, if you like it paint it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Have you thought about painting the chrome part of the grill that the bowtie is attached to WHITE?? Just a thought. Maybe get some white tape or vynil and put on to see if you like it, if you don't just peel it off, if you like it paint it.
    I thought about it, but I think it might be a little over kill. I will try out the tape, though. I didn't even think of that! I do have some white tape hanging out somewhere in the garage.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T

I use colored tape and vynil alot to see what same parts look like before I paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I agree, but I would hate to buy an SS grille only to ruin it by painting it white (unless they did make a white SS? I thought they were only offered in blue, red and black, but ).
    I think LMC has the SS grille in the paintable plastic, just a thought. The one I have is all chrome, so I know you can get them in different colors.
    Adam

Legend
    Blog Entries

Truck looks great. and this is another thought that you may like is to get a color keyed front bumper cap that will make the front look a bit more symetrical.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Truck looks great. and this is another thought that you may like is to get a color keyed front bumper cap that will make the front look a bit more symetrical.
    I've tossed the idea of having a painted bumper since I've owned the truck, but I actually like having a little bit of black on there. Black tool box, black wheels, soon to have black mirrors again along with my door handles and vent visors, and I don't think I'm going to paint my tires white (although that isn't a bad idea! ;) lol). I'm not saying an all white truck would be horrible, I just don't personally want everything on my truck white, lol. We'll see, though.

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I think LMC has the SS grille in the paintable plastic, just a thought. The one I have is all chrome, so I know you can get them in different colors.
    Once again, I didn't even think of that! I just happen to have the LMC catalog sitting on the table next to my couch, lol. Gonna have to check it out!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I've tossed the idea of having a painted bumper since I've owned the truck, but I actually like having a little bit of black on there. Black tool box, black wheels, soon to have black mirrors again along with my door handles and vent visors, and I don't think I'm going to paint my tires white (although that isn't a bad idea! ;) lol). I'm not saying an all white truck would be horrible, I just don't personally want everything on my truck white, lol. We'll see, though.
    I was just talking about the bumper cap, Since the bottom will be black with chrome then a nice white cap to offset the grill. But as i said that is just my opinion since a work in progress alwaysgoes thru phases... It still looks great for sure!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"