GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 99 silverado hesitation at take off..... Pls help....

hello im new to this site,i have a 99 silverado with a 5.3 vortec, and i am not very mechanically inclined my dad usually helps me. But n.e how when i start to accelerate to take off, my trucks feels like it slips for 3-4 secomds then runs fine through all gears, in reverse i hit the gas and smoke the tires, it only happens in first gear, i had the tranny rebuilt bout 1.5 years ago, so its under warranty, i took it to the tranny guy he said he checked it and was fine but i think he hooked up pressure test and wat ever else im sure he didnt take my tranny apart, so is there anything that can not be showing up on the diagnostic, tranny guy says its a fuel problem, im totally lost any help is appreciated,,, cpl other people said too look into fuel filter, dirty fuel injectors, torque converters, thnx in advance

Legend
    Blog Entries

you will want to start with a fuel pressure test. also how many miles are on the truck? and when was the last time it has a tune up (plugs etc?) also is the check engine light on?
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

How long since you changed the fuel filter? Its on the frame near the drivers door and alot of people forget about it.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

If you haven't changed the fuel filter since the 1.5 years since the trans rebuild, I would start there.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    how long since you changed the fuel filter? Its on the frame near the drivers door and alot of people forget about it.

---------- post added at 11:56 am ---------- previous post was at 11:53 am ----------

if you haven't changed the fuel filter since the 1.5 years since the trans rebuild, i would start there.
    thanks for the advice guys yea to tell u the truth i cant remember if i changed the fuel filter befor or after i rebuilt the tranny, so i will start there. So it sounds like a fuel problem? But now it seems to drag a lil longer and kicks hard. I didnt get a chance today but dont wanna be chasing fuel problems wen its the tranny or vice versa

good luck,hope you find the problem, always go with the cheaper fixes first
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer