GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel Gauge Issue

So I've had my new 2011 2500 HD for about 3 weeks and have usually kept it topped up with fuel. when it gets to half I fill it up. No issues until today I was at 1/4 tanks put in 80 liters and when i started the truck the gauge barely moved. turned key off, restarted and it went to 1/2 then slowly climbed to 7/8. I did not let the nozzle click off just put in $100. and stopped. Any ideas?

Could just be a freak glitch. I know the 03-06 trucks have a lot of issues with the gauge clusters, but I've never heard of that happening on a 2011 model. It's probably nothing and I would just leave it be. If it happens again and more frequently, I would disconnect the negative battery cable, wait a few minutes, then re-connect it. I use this method all the time and it usually fixes any strange electrical issues that may be going on with the gauge cluster and the vehicle's electronics in general.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I would have to agree with the previous post. It may be that the gauge needed some time to reset. If this does happen again, I would recommend contacting your local dealership. You can also contact me by private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Seems to be back to normal. See what happens when I put Gas in next. thanks for the replies.