GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default tuning my amp w/DMM

Ok so i finished the install sunday and everything seems to be flawless.

i tried tuning the amp with a DMM. im running a 600W rms amp @ 2ohms to the 2 Subs (300RMS ea.) so the calculation should be 600 * 2 = 1200 (sqrt of 1200 = 34.64) so i tried tuning the gain to get 34.64v on the DMM.. does this sound right?

this is what i did

i had all the settings on the stock head unit at 0 (bass, trebble, fade..etc.) and the remote base boost control on 0db, and gain set down and freq high and had a 50hz/0db cd playing to test with the DMM.. got it to as close to 34.64 as possible without going over.. anything sound wrong? ( the subs wires were disconnected from the amp and the DMM was inserted in their place.)

i have the amp hooked to the back speakers so when i use the 50hz/0db CD i can hear it playing.. which im not sure is good for my stock speakers but i have no other way of doing it since its getting the signal from the back speakers.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

What head unit are you useing? What's the Volt output on the RCA's? What's a DMM? What amp are you useing?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    What head unit are you useing? What's the Volt output on the RCA's? What's a DMM? What amp are you useing?
    Im using Stock head unit
    Where can i find out the RCA output voltage?
    DMM= digital multimeater
    amp=
    pioneer gm-d8500m

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Where are you getting the signal for the amp? Are you useing a High to low converter? The Voltage is around 1-2 if that..So the Gain should NOT be turned up unless you are useing a High volt output aftermarket radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Where are you getting the signal for the amp? Are you useing a High to low converter? The Voltage is around 1-2 if that..So the Gain should NOT be turned up unless you are useing a High volt output aftermarket radio.

im getting the signal from the back speakers.. i dont have a LOC since my amp has the speaker level input for the signal.