GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Fabtech or BDS?

Default Fabtech or BDS?

OK... I am going to get a new truck in about 3-4 weeks a Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 LT,
    I want to have it lifted, I have two options in my area one shop in my town and one shop in a town about ten minutes from me.

I hear really good things about both guys and I don't know either myself. So my decision will have to be based on the lift itself. One guy carries and pushes Fabtech and the other carries and suggest BDS.

I am really a noob on understanding the difference, any thoughts on one being better than the other I think they are both right around the same price so why would I choose one over the other?

Thanks for your opinions
    Michael

From my knowledge, both Fabtech and BDS make quality lifts. A friend of mine has a BDS lift on his Excursion and he is very satisfied with it. Either way you can't go wrong.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Both are excellent kits. BDS is a more well rounded kit for the price and will allow for a better ride and turning radias. BDS also has the absolute best warranty in the business. BDS will net a little closer to 7" of actual lift, where as the Fabtech kit will net closer to 8" of total lift.

Fabtech a good kit, but I think the BDS is better.

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States

From what I know both are great kits only have experience with the Fabtech that we installed on a friends truck the ride quality is awesome and was much better than my truck when I had Superlift kit installed on it.

======​SOLD=====
    2006 1500 4x4 extended cab short bed
    SAS 12" suspension lift
    38x15.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ
    20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II
    FOA custom shocks
    Dana 44HD front axle
    14 Bolt SF w/ detroit locker
    yukon 5.13 gears
    Dynatech Long tube headers
    Dynatech y pipe w/ high flow cats
    Magnaflow muffler
    Tom woods custom dual cv rear driveshaft
    K&N AIRAID system
    Hypertech power programmer
    And much more...........

Like Blackout said, the warranty is a no questions asked and BDS is 100% made in the USA!

________2013 4C Rated__________

The warranty with BDS is the best period. I believe Fabtech started out in the desert racing (score, Baja) so they make a high quality kit. As far as which shop to go with check out the work that they have done.

From those two choices, BDS. the warranty cant be beat.
    i have a zone offroad lift on mine and its apparently made by BDS, everything in the kit is identical but zone charges hundreds less. 6.5 lift 1299$. I run it and love it, great handling and ride quality.
    good luck with you decision!
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab LT
    20 inch Incubus Wheel
    35 Pro Comp Xtreme A/T
    Zone Offroad 6.5 suspension lift
    Dual Flowmaster Super 40s (Turn Downs)
    Low profile tool box
    Diablo Predator Programmer

As long as you are not going to want to go any higher later on, go with the BDS, thats what I have and love it; however, it only drops the diff around 4 inches which means your angles are about maxed. The Fabtech drops the diff a full 6 inches so if you wanted to a 2 inch spacer to get closer to 10 inches of lift (since Fabtech is already closer to 8 inches) you could. But as everyone has said, you cant beat the warranty. If you go BDS I recommend upgraded shocks and the full leaf pack option instead of the block and AAL. Let us know what you decide.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    As long as you are not going to want to go any higher later on, go with the BDS, thats what I have and love it; however, it only drops the diff around 4 inches which means your angles are about maxed. The Fabtech drops the diff a full 6 inches so if you wanted to a 2 inch spacer to get closer to 10 inches of lift (since Fabtech is already closer to 8 inches) you could. But as everyone has said, you cant beat the warranty. If you go BDS I recommend upgraded shocks and the full leaf pack option instead of the block and AAL. Let us know what you decide.
    x2 on what he said i went with the fabtech lift due to the full 6"drop plus i had a deal of a lift time i could not turn down through my buddys shop.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"