GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2008 silverado center console lid question

I have an 08 Silverado CrewCab LT with the armrest that has the three cup holders nearest to the dash the lid that opens and has two seperated compartments front and back. It is exactly like this one:

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/100196...er_console.jpg

My question is does anyone know what the small rectangular space with the void in it built into the lid is intended to store? I have had two vehicles in the past where you can get custom sized boxes of tissues but I havnt seen anything on a quick search? In the image on the link, it is to the left of the maps that are clipped into the lid.

Any guidance/suggestions would be appreciated!

it almost looks like you can put those travel size tissues that come in the plastic wrapping in there
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Yeah, I thought it was for the travel-sized tissues also, but the way they are packaged now makes it a PITA to get them out.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

I would say tissues also
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I don't know about you all. But if you are talking about on the lid portion where there are 3 spaces to put say a road map, or some cards. In that bigger void up top is where I put ALL of my gasoline receipts, just put them in one on top the other. When it's time to take them out, do so VERY easily and they are in order by date.