GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 10" Kicker L7's in a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Crew... CAN IT BE DONE?

How's it going? Just joined. All the great information made me do it. Thing is I had an Acura Legend with 2 10" Kicker L7's. Sold the car and kept the subs. I'm buying a 2009 Silverado Crew Cab in a couple weeks and was wondering if it was possible for these to fit? Love my kickers and wouldn't want to see them just sitting around and I think it'd be bad ass to install them in the '09. Has anyone done this? Is there a sub box out there for these to fit under the seat or would i have to remove the rear seat? Or what are the specs for a box to fit under there? Thanks in advance!

i know its possible, i have seen it done. ive seen a forward facing box that 2 10" l7's, as well as a downfiring box, sorry i dont have pics, but those subs are gonna hit hard
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Thanks man. I know it can be done. I guess I just need to figure out the specs. You wouldn't know?

Also, if they fit, I was just gonna go with 2 of seperate ones. They are 17x16x11-3/4. That way they'd go under each seat and the amp can be mounted in the middle

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I would build a custom center consol in the middle of the front seats. Face the subs down with a port facing the front.. And maybe some Glass on top..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...ierra-Crew-Cab

see top right and 2nd row left

i know it only fits L5s but it would be a good starting point or use the design to build your own
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

I might just go with building my own then

But this is what I had in mind

With these boxes

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VK10-Gray.html

Legend

Is that box going to fit under the rear seat?????
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I think that box is to tall ..... that truck from youtube is a 2005 and the space under the seats looks different than your 2009. If they do fit it, but it wont sound nearly as good as they did in your car most likely with that setup. The closer you can get to 2.25 cubic ft of air space for those subs the better they will sound.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

So right now it's looking like I have to remove the rear seats or get an SUV if I don't wanna hassle? Crap. I'd much rather sell the set up than not get silverado...

Legend

Custom down firing Sub box between the front seats will work and sound great....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast