GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2" Leveling kit.

Whats up guys still messing around with my 2011 1500 but decided not to do much. My question is what is your take on the 2" leveling kit for a GMT 900 model truck? You think it will do a lot of harm to my ball joints and tie rods? If so let me know I got a cat back too but that will be harmless. Its a Daystar non strut dis assembly Polyurethane and here is the link. Just want the take because the dealership is pretty anal about everything else I asked about. http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...-leveling.html

i would do it, even if i had a brand new truck
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Think there is really much difference? I mean I dont care about the exhaust they said that was fine but the leveling kit they said was my choice? I guess I just want to know if it will put more harm on the ball joints and tire rod ends?

i highly doubt it, i havent seen a rise in people needing to replace the ball joints and tierod ends. the majority of the users here have leveling kits

A leveling kit will have minimal if any negative effect on wear and tear of front end suspension components and ride quality.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Do it!! You wont regret leveling it off.

________2013 4C Rated__________

level it for sure, everyone i kno that has leveled their silverado has never had a problem with it, i even have mine leveled and i havent had a problem with it.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Thanks a lot guys! Unfortunately for the cat back I live in Maine. Its got a nice moderate tone but not too loud :/ The Flowmaster Super 50 Series getting them put on tomorrow, pretty excited.

dont forget to get an alignment after the level..mine went out alot, i also went from 245s to 285s at the same time
    2010 silverado WT, 4.8lt,3.42's,came with nothing, goodies include, 33" pro comp tires,ready-lift level kit, MBRP Exhaust,bull-bar with 6inch hella 500's and dezee step bars.upgraded to white bumper corners with fogs,chrome grill,mirrors and doorhandles and a color matched A.R.E roof level Cap.

Definatly a big thing on the forums is leveling kits. Got mine leveled off 2 weeks after buying the truck. Normal wear and tear as stock. Had mine on for 40,000 miles now and nothing, but a better stance for the truck.
    2005 Silverado 1500 5.3L 4x4
    285/70/17 Firestone Destination MT's
    17" Pro Comp Extreme Wheels
    2" ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Blacked Out Grill and Front and Rear Bumpers (Painted By Me)
    PreRunner Light Bar (Removed) New Fabricated Bumper (coming soon)
    WeatherGuard Tool Box (Painted Also)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by