GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Ipod remote starter

I bought new 2011 Gmc Sierra a month ago. There is remote starter prep package. What I need is remote key fob with starter button and reprogram VCI. It costs some $250.
    What I tried today, is to use Ipod with OnStar MyLink App to start vehicle. After istallation of app, I tried to lock and unlock the truck. Everything works nice. But remote start doesn't.
    My question is, reprogramming of VCI you unlock features for remote start or you only reprogram VCI to accept your key fob.

Legend

Blog Entries

Here is a thread that should help answer your questions. At one time, I did look into this but the dealer wanted way too much to flash my vehicle to coincide with the remote start. I actually posted those $$ figures up someplace but cannot find the thread now.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...760#post347760

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I would like to look into this further for you. Just so that I am sure that I understand the concern, are you trying to get a key fob reprogrammed to start the vehicle or are you looking to use the App to start the vehicle? I can get with my technical department for more information, in order to do so I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Feel free to either contact me here on the thread or via private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.