GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default which programmer to get???(gas )

im thinking of getting a little more power out of my 5.3l gmc and i have been looking at programmers. can you guys tell me which one you have and the change and pros and cons from them. thanks for the help

wisconsin
    sierra 1500
    flex 5.3l
    custom coldair intake
    magnaflow muffler
    leveling kit(keys and add-a-leafs)
    H.I.D 10000k head lights

Legend

Blog Entries

Hey TJ - I'm sure you'll probably get a ton of responses soon on this topic, as programmers are very controversial and many people choose programmers based on personal preferences, budget, etc. I'm partial to the Predator due to its custom programming capabilities at a reasonable price. I have also had the SuperChips, which I liked due to its simplicity and ease of programming; and I think it still does a great job.

While your waiting for additional responses, try entering "programmers" in the search box and read some of the current threads, as there are plenty. The information contained in those threads should get you grounded pretty quickly.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 04-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

ive got a wait4meperformance tune on my cobalt ss due to having a stage 2 new cams headers exhaust cold air on it. this by far i found was the best tune. I was going to buy it for my truck when i had the lift i ended up going with hypertech power programmer due to a buddy of mine owning a shop and i got a deal i could not turn down but i will be upgrading to the wait4me whwen i get the money.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

as far as options, data logging capabilities, quality of tunes, support, etc... you can't beat the diablosport predator/trinity...

dyno-developed preset tunes come on the unit... plus you have the option of getting custom tuning done for it... which you don't have with the others....

you can restore original backup at any time so that your ecm is set back to original stock factory programming whenever you go in for service work... then reinstall the tune afterwards... no having to send out your ecm to get programmed, sending it out to get re-programmed for any future updates, etc etc... it can all be done with custom tuning all via email...

any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly at diablo.help@gmail.com ....

;)
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

X2 with the Diablo's.

I also support the DiabloSport Predator. I have one for my truck and it makes an amazing difference. I won't go into details on it, since 06MonteSS has already replied to this thread (he is our DiabloSport expert around here). If you want to know any more about it, I'm sure he would be glad to answer any questions you might have. I will say that it is an amazing machine though.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Jr. Apprentice

thank you all for the info, i will have to look into the diablo. i have an intake and just muffler and will be putting headers on and possiable cat removale, can i tune with all that in mind????

Quote Originally Posted by Tj07classic View Post
    thank you all for the info, i will have to look into the diablo. i have an intake and just muffler and will be putting headers on and possiable cat removale, can i tune with all that in mind????
    You can definitely tune with those mods in mind, especially with the predator because of the large number of parameters it can change. Once you have all the physical mods you have planned (so that you don't need to keep adjusting the tune anymore), you can have a programmer like Lew (06MonteSS) write you up a custom tune for a price that will let you get the most power possible from your upgrades. Until then, I think you would be happy with the improvements the Predator will let you make yourself.

bully dog triple dog gt gas

you can program 4 different tunes into your engine, trans shift points/firmness, and all the other same things that all the other programmers do.

on top of all that its an lcd color gauge that you can bring up and monitor any ecm controlled system in your truck, record performance numbers, and adjust settings on the go.

for my 5.3L, using the e85 performance tune i get about 70 extra hp from e85 alone. its pretty badass.

but don't pay $400 or $500 for it, shop around at sites like bullydogperformance.com and you can find it for $200-$300
    ROTARYENGINEPETE
    '07 GMC SIERRA SLT | Z71 | 4X4 | 5.3L FF

LIFT:
    ROUGH COUNTRY 3" PREMIUM SUSPENSION LIFT + ADD-A-LEAF
    18" ATX THUG WHEELS
    33" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES
    EBC SPORT ROTORS
    EBC YELLOW STUFF BRAKE PADS
    LIGHTING:
    HELLA/VVME 4300K HID LOW BEAMS

HELLA BLACK MAGIC OFFROAD LIGHTS
    ANZO USA PROJECTORS HEADLIGHTS
    ANZO USA LED TAIL LIGHTS
    ENGINE:
    K&N 63 SERIES INTAKE
    MAGNAFLOW CATBACK D.O.S.I.F.T. EXHAUST
    BULLYDOG TRIPLE DOG GT TUNER

PULSTAR IGNITORS
    OPTIMA RED TOP
    DRIVETRAIN:
    YUKON 4.56 GEARS
    MAG-HYTEC DIFF COVER
    CORVETTE SERVO
    TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
    Z-PACK 3-4 CLUTCH
    REBUILT WARN XFER CASE
    BODY:
    RUNCOOL HOOD LOUVERS
    FULL WEATHERTECH VISORS/BUGSHIELDS
    DUPONT BEDLINER

DEEZEE BLACK DIAMOND PLATE BED CAPS
    BULLDOG LOCKING SPORT FUEL DOOR
    DOOR MOLDINGS REMOVED
    CUSTOM WIRE MESH GRILL
    BUSHWACKER BOSS FENDER FLARES
    CB THRU GLASS RADIO ANTENNA

5.5sec 0-60mph on pavement (5.2sec running E85), and a little less in 3 feet of muddy water

Bully Dog is crap.. plain and simple... heh.... 'nuf said...

they are so far out of their league any more, it ain't funny... old school...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by