GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Legoland Discovery Center - Grapevine Texas

We're going to head up to the Legoland Discovery center in the Grapevine Mills Mall - of course in Grapevine, Texas. Should be a good time from the map on the website looks like a lot to do. http://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.c...ning-times.htm

Anyone been? I'll report back what we did and how much time it took.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Theirs a Leggo show happening in Austin this weekend too.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Please post pics when you are back home.. I used to love building with Lego's... And still have all my old sets..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Hey got an update on Legoland?
    My grandaughter wants to go but I'm trying to get her to wait until the SeaLand exhibit opens on the 12th.
    Grapevine Mills mall is selling discount tickets for both attractions at a real good price.

Ok, Legoland is very much worth it. Let me walk though what you experience.
    1) If you get your tickets online, you can go right past about 90% of the line. They have two lines – season pass holders / online ticket purchases and then a main line for everyone else.
    2) Once you get it, be prepared to wait for about 15 minutes before you can enter if there are people in there already. They count the number of people in and out I guess. This is done to comply with safety regulations I suppose.
    3) The first thing you do is a short and non-scary ride where you go around and shoot little skelletons and see a couple of magic kingdom type of videos where you can shoot at dragons.
    4) Once that is done, you can have your way through the park. We saw a 4D Bob the Builder movie next and it was pretty cool. My 3 year old did not want to watch the 3D movies though, the 6 1/2 year old loved it.
    5) We moved into Miniland – which is Dallas and Fort Worth buildings made in lego. Pretty cool.
    6) Then we got a bite to eat, let the kids build and run around in the play area (no adults – but only one way in and one way out) and they build a castle with large foam blocks.
    7) Then we moved onto the duplo area for the little one, he had fun. The older boy and I build some race cars and put them down a couple of tracks.
    Then we moved into the Lego Harry Potter bike-ride “thing”. It went up about 15 feet into the air and spun up around, that was a good time for about 90 seconds.
    9) Finally, we ended up in the gift shop and got a Duplo set for our soon-to-be 3 year old, and a $15 build your own bucket for our 6 year old.
    All in all, this is something that we decided to get the season pass for becuase we can easily see spending a dozen Saturday mornings (or afternoons) here in the next year and then spend time in the mall doing the normal shopping that we always like to do.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You know the rules.....