GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Question What is everyones opinions on shock manufacturers.

I just stumbled upon another shock manufacturer called "King shocks" and they look and sound great from their site (Kingshocks.com). I've heard of blisteins, ranchos, procomp, etc. Who has what and what do you think of them? I'm a really picky guy and quality means everything to me and I'd like to build my truck to be the ultimate baddest 1500 4x4, so, that being said, quality is everything and I'll make the money to get whatever it takes to meet my goal. I'd like the shocks to go with a six inch lift and 33"-35" tires.

King shocks is definitely up there near the top when it comes to quality. Baja racing teams often use King shocks on their vehicles. Their products are top notch but be prepared to pay for it. I'm still on the stock shocks so I don't have a preferred shock brand.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I've always had Monroe. But I haven't really had any big lifts..
    1998 K1500 Ext. Cab 4.3 5spd
    Amsoil, CIA

2007 Harley Davidson Vrod
    Amsoil, Vance & Hines 2into1, K&N Topless,
    Screamin Eagle Racetuner, StageII cams,
    Carbon fiber front fender, and a few more lil goodies:wink:

I have king shock coilovers on the front of my Sierra and really like them. They also offer a coilover that go with Fabtech lifts. They have the numbers for size for that kit as well as another company. I think it was BDS but don't quote me on that one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110329_164137.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	26633

Sr. Apprentice

I've been reading on shocks all day and I'm really leaning towards the king shocks, they're looking like the best out there right now. The price though, it'll take all my money from my summer job for em, know where I can get em cheaper? And if I can get some that'll adjust from stock to if I have a 6" lift?

I ordered mine through 4wheel parts. When I ordered them I got them on sale. If you are going with a 6inch lift you will have to call them to order them or at least to get the part number. I don't believe they are adjustable to that height, I think they are a set height. Mine is basically a level kit. They are adjustable from 2- 3 inches. Camburg and Fox are other companies that make the same style of coilover. They may be a little cheaper.

Check out Fox Shox's also.

1995 Chevy Tahoe

What model year is your truck?? Makes a BIG differance with shocks.

Sr. Apprentice

I see you have them on your ride. How long have you had em? Do they still ride great?(racekid91)
    And I have. 2009 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 LT

A lifted truck, not a leveling kit truck does need longer shocks than the stock shock. Check out CST Suspension, they have a front coil over that I'm sure can be used later with there lift kit.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by